Background: Testing for human papillomavirus (HPV) is being incorporated into the cervical\ud screening programme, with the probable future introduction of HPV as a primary test\ud and a possibility of HPV self-sampling.\ud In anticipation of this development, we sought... View more
1. Ferlay J, et al. Cancer Incidence and Mortality Worldwide: IARC CancerBase No. 11 [Internet]. GLOBOCAN 2012 v1.0, Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer 2013 [cited 2015; Available from: htp://globocan.iarc.fr
2. Cancer Research UK. Cervical Cancer Statistics. 2015 [cited 2015 October]; Available from: htp://www.cancerresearchuk.org/healthp rofe s s i o n a l /c a n ce r- s t at i s t i c s /s t at i s t i c s - by - c a n ce r- t y p e / cervical-cancer#heading-Zero. Accessed October, 2015.
3. UK, C.R. Cervical cancer statistics. 2016 14.07.2016; Available from: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/health-professional/cancerstatistics/statistics-by-cancer-type/cervical-cancer#heading-Zero. Accessed July 14, 2016
4. Wales PH. All-Wales Annual Report Screening Division, Public Health Wales. 2015 14.07.2016; Available from: htp://www.screening forlife.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/documents/1129/All%20Wales%20 report%202015%20final.pdf. Accessed July 14, 2016
5. Centre, H.a.S.C.I. Cervical Screening Programme, England. 2014-2015.
6. Baker D, Middleton E. Cervical screening and health inequality in England in the 1990s. J Epidemiol CommunityHealth. 2003;57:417-423.
7. Szarewski A, et al. HPV self-sampling as an alternative strategy in non-aetnders for cervical screening- a randomised controlled trial. Br J Cancer. 2011;104:915-920.
8. Lancuck L, Patnick J, Vassey M. A cohort eefct in cervical screening coverage? J Med Screen. 2008;15:27-29.
9. Cervical Sceening Programme: England. Cervical Sceening Programme: England 2005/2006. 2006 24/03/2011; Available from: www.cancerscreening.nhs.uk/cervical/cervical-statistics-bulletin-2005-06.pdf. Accessed March 24, 2011
10. Moser K, Patnick J, Beral V. Inequalities in reported use of breast and cervical screening in Great Britain: analysis of cross-sectional survey data. BMJ. 2009;338:b2025.