Anticoagulation therapy and proximal femoral fracture treatment: An update
Ktistakis, I; Giannoudis, V; Giannoudis, PV;
Publisher: British Editorial Society of Bone and Joint Surgery
Hip fractures in the elderly population have become a ‘disease’ with increasing incidence. Most of the geriatric patients are affected by a number of comorbidities. Coagulopathies continue to be a special point of interest for the orthopaedic trauma surgeon, with the ma... View more
4. no authors cited. Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network. Management of hip fracture in older people. http://www.sign.ac.uk/guidelines/fulltext/1/ (date last accessed 3 August 2016).
3. no authors cited. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Hip fracture: management. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg124/chapter/1-guidance (date last accessed 24 August 2016).
8. Vitale mA, Vanbeek C, spivack Jh, Cheng B, geller JA. Pharmacologic reversal of warfarin-associated coagulopathy in geriatric patients with hip fractures: a retrospective study of thromboembolic events, postoperative complications, and time to surgery. Geriatr Orthop Surg Rehabil 201;2:128-34.
9. Ashouri f, Al-Jundi W, Patel A, mangwani J. Management of warfarin anticoagulation in patients with fractured neck of femur. ISRN Hematol ;102.8649
10. leonidou A, rallan r, Cox n, Pagkalos J, luscombe J. Comparison of diferent warfarin reversal protocols on surgical delay and complication rate in hip fracture patients. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2013;21:142-5.
11. eardley WgP, macleod Ke, freeman h, tate A. “Tiers of delay”: warfarin, hip fractures, and target-driven care. Geriatr Orthop Surg Rehabil 2014;5:103-8.
12. ginsel Bl, taher A, Whitehouse sl, Bell JJ, Pulle Cr, Crawford rW. Eefcts of anticoagulants on outcome of femoral neck fracture surgery. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong);51:032-9.23
13. Al-rashid m, Parker mJ. Anticoagulation management in hip fracture patients on warfarin. Injury 205;36:13-15.