Rethinking Service Design: A Socio-Technical Approach to the Development of Business Models
Part of book or chapter of bookEnglishOPEN
Beaumont, LC; Bolton, LE; McKay, A; Hughes, HPN;
Publisher: Springer International
This chapter introduces socio-technical systems thinking as a tool for the concurrent development of organizational business models and associated service offerings that deliver value to customers and suppliers. As organizations offer integrated products and services, i... View more
1 Socio-Technical Centre, Leeds University Business School, Leeds, UK
1. Aas, IHM (2001) A qualitative study of the organizational consequences of telemedicine. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare 7:18-26. doi: 10.1258/1357633011936093 .
2. ABB (2011) ABB explains Full Service® strategy [Online]. Available: http://www05.abb.com/global /scot/scot288.nsf/veritydisplay/1c85adcbe8b434a9c1257922001b7ec8/$file /ABB%20Explains%20Full%20Service%20Strategy.pdf Accessed 10 December 2013.
3. Agouridas, V, McKay, A, Winand, H, De Pennington, A (2008) Advanced product planning: a comprehensive process for systemic definition of new product requirements. Requirements Engineering 13:19-48. doi: 10.1007/s00766-007-0055-z .
4. Airbus (2013) Airbus supply base optimisation system [Online]. Available: www.tescra.com/white%20paper/Supplier%20Base%20Optimization%20White%20Paper.PDF and http://freedownloadb.org/ppt/powerpoint-presentation-327168.html Accessed 20 August 2013.
5. Alonso-Rasgado, T, Thompson, G (2006) A rapid design process for Total Care Product creation. Journal of Engineering Design 17: 509-531. doi: 10.1080/09544820600750579 .
6. Alonso-Rasgado, T, Thompson, G, Elfström, BO (2004) The design of functional (total care) products. Journal of Engineering Design 15: 515-540. doi: 10.1080/09544820412331271176 .
7. Baines, TS, Lightfoot, HW, Evans, S, Neely, A, Greenough, R, Peppard, J, Roy, R, Shehab, E, Braganza, A, Tiwari, A, Alcock, JR, Angus, JP, Bastl, M, Cousens, A, Irving, P, Johnson, M, Kingston, J, Lockett, H, Martinez, V, Michele, P, Tranfield, D, Walton, IM, Wilson, H (2007) State-of-the-art in product-service systems. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture 221: 1543-1552. doi: 10.1243/09544054jem858 .
8. Berry, L, Zeithaml, V, Parasuraman, A (1990) Five imperatives for improving service quality. Sloan Management Review 31: 29-38.
9. Bitner, MJ (1990) Evaluating service encounters: the effects of physical surroundings and employee responses. Journal of Marketing 54:69-82.