We demonstrate data rates above the threshold imposed by nonlinearity on conventional optical signals by applying novel probability distribution, which we call ripple distribution, adapted to the properties of the fiber channel. Our results offer a new direction for sig... View more
22. M. Secondini and E. Forestieri, "Scope and limitations of the nonlinear Shannon limit," online version of 24.10.2016 http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7637002/.
23. M. Secondini, chapter in "Roadmap of optical communications," by E. Agrell et al. Journal of Optics 18 (6), 063002 (2016).
24. M. Sorokina, S. Sygletos, and S. K. Turitsyn, "Shannon capacity of nonlinear communication channels," in Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, OSA Technical Digest (2016) (Optical Society of America, 2016), paper SM3F.4.
25. M. Sorokina, S. Sygletos, and S. K. Turitsyn, "Ripple distribution for nonlinear fiber-optic channels," https://arxiv.org/abs/1610.06937
26. P. Johannisson and M. Karlsson, "Perturbation analysis of nonlinear propagation in a strongly dispersive optical communication system," J. Lightwave Technol. 31(8), 1273-1282 (2013).
27. M. Secondini, E. Forestieri, and G. Prati, "Achievable information rate in nonlinear WDM fiber-optic systems with arbitrary modulation formats and dispersion maps," J. Lightwave Technol. 31(23), 3839-3852 (2013).
28. L. Beygi, E. Agrell, P. Johannisson, M. Karlsson, and H. Wymeersch, "A discrete-time model for uncompensated single-channel fiber-optical links," IEEE Trans. Commun. 60(11), 3440-3450 (2012).
29. R. Dar, M. Feder, A. Mecozzi, and M. Shtaif, "Properties of nonlinear noise in long, dispersion-uncompensated fiber links," Opt. Express 21(22), 25685-25699 (2013).
30. R. Dar, M. Feder, A. Mecozzi, and M. Shtaif, "Inter-channel nonlinear interference noise in WDM systems: modeling and mitigation," J. Lightwave Technol. 33(5), 1044-1053 (2015).
31. M. Shtaif, R. Dar, A. Mecozzi, and M. Feder, "Nonlinear interference noise in WDM systems and approaches for its cancelation," in Optical Communication (ECOC 2014), 39th European Conference and Exhibition on Optical Communications, paper We1.3.1.