Fixed-dose combination therapy (polypill) for the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
Huffman, MD; de Cates, AN; Ebrahim, S;
Publisher: American Medical Association (AMA)
Is fixed-dose combination therapy (polypill) that combines antiplatelet, blood pressure-lowering, and cholesterol-lowering medications into a single pill associated with improved cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors or reduced all-cause mortality or fatal and nonfa... View more
2. de Cates AN, Farr MR, Wright N, et al. Fixed-dose combination therapy for the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014;4:CD009868.
3. Guyatt GH, Oxman AD, Vist GE, et al; GRADE Working Group. GRADE. BMJ. 2008;336(7650): 924-926.
4. Thom S, Poulter N, Field J, et al; UMPIRE Collaborative Group. Effects of a fixed-dose combination strategy on adherence and risk factors in patients with or at high risk of CVD [published correction appears in JAMA. 2013;310(14):1507]. JAMA. 2013;310(9):918-929.
5. James PA, Oparil S, Carter BL, et al. 2014 evidence-based guideline for the management of high blood pressure in adults. JAMA. 2014;311(5): 507-520.
6. Huffman MD, Yusuf S. Polypills: essential medicines for cardiovascular disease secondary prevention? J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63(14):1368-1370.