<p>Purpose - \ud Cancer Care Ontario has mandated that all health care professionals working within oncology centres in Ontario should routinely screen and address symptoms of anxiety and depression in cancer patients. This study aims to assess the informational needs o... View more
1. Watanabe S, Nekolaichuk C, Beaumont C, Mawani A. The Edmonton symptom assessment system--what do patients think? Support Care Cancer. 2009;17(6):675-683.
2. Howell D, Keller-Olaman S, Oliver T, et al. A pan-Canadian practice guideline: Screening, assessment and care of psychosocial distress (depression, anxiety) in adults with cancer. Toronto: Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (Cancer Journey Action Group) and the Canadian Association of Psychosocial Oncology; August 2010.
3. Ryan H, Schofield P, Cockburn J, et al. How to recognize and manage psychological distress in cancer patients. European Journal of Cancer Care. 2005;14(1):7-15.
4. Zabora J, BrintzenhofeSzoc K, Curbow B, Hooke C, Piantadosi S. The prevalence of psychological distress by cancer site. Pscyho-Oncology. 2001;10:19-28.
5. Howell D, Currie S, Mayo S, et al. A pan-Canadian clinical practice guideline: Assessment of psychosocial health care needs of the adult cancer patient. Toronto: Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (Cancer Journey Action Group) and the Canadian Association of Psychosocial Oncology; May 2009.
6. Halkett GKB, Cox J, Anderson C, Heard R. Establishing research priorities for Australian radiation therapists: What patient care priorities need to be addressed? European Journal of Cancer Care. 2012;21(1):31-40.
7. Halkett GKB, Kristjanson LJ. Patients' perspectives on the role of radiation therapists. Patient Educ Couns. 2007;69(1-3):76-83.
9. Cancer Care Ontario. Ontario cancer plan. https://www.cancercare.on.ca/about/initiatives/ocp/. Updated 2011. Accessed March 16, 2013.
10. Halkett G, Merchant S, Jiwa M, et al. Effective communication and information provision in radiotherapy - the role of radiation therapists. Journal or Radiotherapy in Practice. 2010;9:3-16.
11. Hulley L, Cashell A, Rosewall T. Communicating with emotional patients: Thoughts, skills and influencing factors for Ontario radiation therapists. Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences (conference abstract). 2013;44(1):45.