This paper presents a data modelling and a semi-automatic data searching method to support cost estimation in the product development process, particularly for low volume, high complexity and long life products typified by defence products and systems. The paper covers ... View more
1. Bode, J., Neural networks for cost estimation: simulations and pilot application, International Journal of Production Research, 2000, 38(6), 1231-1254.
2. Cheung, W. M., Marsh, R., Newnes, L. B., Mileham, A. R. and Lanham, J. D., Standards and inference of design information in through-life costing of innovative defence electronic products. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 2009, 223(2), 169-181.
18. Deiab, I., and Al-Ansary, M., Concurrent optimization of manufacturing cycle cost by genetic algorithms, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 2007, 221(5), 821- 834.
19. Shen, M., Zheng, L. R. and Tenhunen, H., Cost and performance analysis for mixed-signal system implementation: System-on-chip or system-on-package?, IEEE Transactions on Electronics Packaging Manufacturing, 2002, 25(4), 262- 272.
20. Bakoglu, H.B., Circuits, Interconnections, and Packaging for VLSI, Addison Wesley, Reading, MA, 1990.
21. Scanlan, J., Rao, A., Bru, C., Hale, P., and Marsh, R., DATUM project: cost estimating environment for support of aerospace design decision making, Journal of Aircraft, 2006, 43(4), 1022-1028.
22. Newnes, L. B., Mileham, A. R., Cheung, W. M., Marsh, R., Lanham, J. D., Saravi, M. E., & Bradbery, R. W., Predicting the whole-life cost of a product at the conceptual design stage, Journal of Engineering Design, (2008), 19(2), 99-1
25. Cheung, W. M., Mileham, A. R., Newnes, L. B., Marsh, R., & Lanham, J. D. (2011). Data-driven through-life costing to support product lifecycle management solutions in innovative product development, International Journal of Product Lifecycle Management, 5(2), 122-142.