Introduction\ud \ud Although the variability in factor VIII (FVIII):C measurement is well recognized, this has not been widely reported for post-FVIII infusion samples.\ud Aim/Methods\ud \ud Three samples from haemophilia A patients were distributed in a UK National Ext... View more
1. Srivastava A, Brewer AK, Mauser-Bunschoten EP, Key NS, Kitchen S, Llina A, Ludlam CA, Mahlangu JN, Mulder K, Poon MC Street A. G and Treatment Guidelines Working Group of the World Federation Of Hemophilia. Guidelines for Management of Haemophilia , Haemophilia 2013; 19; 1-47.
2. Keeling D, Tait C, Makris M. Guidelines on the selection and use of therapeutic products to treat haemophilia and other hereditary bleeding disorders. A Uk haemophilia centre doctors
3. Jennings I, Kitchen DP, Woods TAL, Kitchen, S , Walker ID, Preston FE. Laboratory Performance in the World Federation of Hemophilia EQA programme, 2003-2008. Haemophilia 2009 ;15 ; 571-7.
4. F E Preston, S Kitchen, I Jennings, T A L Woods, M Makris SSC/ISTH Classification of Haemophilia A: Can Haemophilia Centre Laboratories achieve the new criteria? Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis 2004 ; 2 ;271-4.
5. Lusher JM, Hillman-Wiseman C, Hurst D. In vivo recovery with products of very high purity assay discrepancies. Haemophilia 1998; 4: 641-5.
6. Lee CA , Owens GB, Giangrande P. Collins P. Hay C, Gomperts E, Schroth P. Barrowcliffe T. Pharmacokinetics of recombinant factor VIII (Recombinate) using one stage clotting and chromogenic factor VIII assay. Thromb Haemost 1999: 82; 1644-7.
7. Hubbard AR, Weller LJ. Bevan SA. A survey of one stage and chromogenic potencies in therapeutic factor VIII concentrates B J Haem 2002: 117; 247-8
8. Jennings I, Kitchen DP, Woods TAL, Kitchen S , Walker ID. Emerging Technologies and Quality Assurance: the UK NEQAS perspective. Sem Thromb Haem 2007 ; 33; 243-9.
9. Hubbard AR, Bevan SA , Weller LJ. Potency estimation of recombinant FVIII: effect of assay method and standard. B J Haem 2001: 113; 533-6.
10. Mikaelsson M, Oswaldson U, Sanderg H. Influence of phospholipids on the assessment of factor VIII activity. Haemophilia 1998; 4: 646-50.