Learning from good practice: a review of current oral health promotion materials for parents of young children
Gray-Burrows, K; Owen, J; Day, PF;
Publisher: Nature Publishing Group
Objectives To examine the quality of UK-based oral health promotion materials (OHPM) for parents of young children aged 0-5 years old. Data sources OHPM were obtained via email request to dental public health consultants and oral health promotion teams in the UK, struct... View more
1. Health and Social Care Information Centre. Children's Dental Health Survey 2013. Report 2: Dental Disease and Damage in Children. England, Wales and Northern Ireland: 2015. http://content.digital.nhs.uk/catalogue/PUB17137 (accesssed 31 January 2017).
2. Sheiham A. Oral health, general health and quality of life. Bull World Health Organ. 2005; 83: 644.
3. Shepherd MA, Nadanovsky P, Sheiham A. The prevalence and impact of dental pain in 8-year-old school children in Harrow, England. Br Dent J. 1999; 187: 38-41.
4. Krisdapong S, Sheiham A, Tsakos G. Oral health-related quality of life of 12- and 15- year-old Thai children: findings from a national survey. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 2009; 37: 509-17.
5. Gilchrist F, Marshman Z, Deery C, Rodd HD. The impact of dental caries on children and young people: what they have to say? Int J Paediatr Dent. 2015; 25:327-338.
6. Murray CJ, Richards MA, Newton JN, Fenton KA, Anderson HR, Atkinson C, et al. UK health performance: findings of the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet. 2013; 381: 997-1020.
7. American Academy on Pediatric Dentistry. Policy on early childhood caries (ECC): classifications, consequences, and preventive strategies. Pediatr Dent. 2008; 30: 40-3.
8. Public Health England. Local authorities improving oral health: commissioning better oral health for children and young people: An evidence-informed toolkit for local authorities. 2014. Online information available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/improving-oral-health-an-evidence-informedtoolkit-for-local-authorities (accessed 31 January 2017).
9. Goodwin M, Sanders C, Davies G, Walsh, T, Pretty, I. Issues arising following a referral and subsequent wait for extraction under general anaesthetic: impact on children. BMC Oral Health. 2015; 15: 3
10. Department of Health. National schedule of reference costs 2011-12. 2012. Online information available at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/213060/2011- 12-reference-costs-publication.pdf (accessed 31 January 2017).