Laboratory characterisation of soil ionisation under impulse voltages
Since the discovery of the soil ionisation phenomenon in the earthing systems under high lightning current, there have been tremendous investigations studying this ambiguous phenomenon. Some aspects are still not yet fully addressed, which some of them were considered i... View more
1. A. Elzowawi, A. Haddad and H. Griffiths, 'Discharge in Glass Bubbles under Impulse Voltage', Seventh Universities High Voltage Network, UHVnet 2014, Colloquium on Sustainable HV and UHV Networks The Interdisciplinary Challenge, 15-16 Jan 2014, Surrey University 2014. (Poster)
2. A. Elzowawi, A. Haddad and H. Griffiths, 'Review: Techniques Used in Visualization of Electric Discharge in Soil', the sixth ENGIN conference, Cardiff school of engineering, 18-20 June 2014, Gregynog.
3. A. Elzowawi, A. Haddad and H. Griffiths, 'Visualization of Electric Discharge in Porous Materials', International Conference on High Voltage Engineering and Application 2014, 8 - 11 September 2014, Poznan, Poland.
4. A. Elzowawi, A. Haddad and H. Griffiths, 'Ionisation under Impulse in Two-Layer Wet and Dry Soil Sample', eighth Universities High Voltage Network, UHVNet 2015, Colloquium on HVDC Power Transmission Technologies, 14-15 Jan 2015, Staffordshire University 2015. (Poster)
5. A. Elzowawi, A. Haddad and H. Griffiths, 'Visualization of the Ionisation Phenomenon in Porous Materials under Lightning Impulse', 9th Asia-Pacific International Conference on Lightning (APL), 23-26 June 2015, Nagoya, Japan.
6. A. Elzowawi, A. Haddad, H. Griffiths and D. Clark, 'Investigation of Impulse Discharges in Two-Layer Wet and Dry Soil Sample', 19th International
7. A. Elzowawi, A. Haddad, H. Griffiths and D. Clark, 'Investigation of Soil Ionisation Propagation in Two-Layer Soil Samples', 50th International Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC), September 1-4, 2015, Stock on Trent, UK.
        F. E. Asimakopoulou, I. F. Gonos, and I. A. Stathopulos, "Experimental investigation on soil ionization," in Proceedings of the 16th International Symposium on High-Voltage Engineering (ISH 2009), Cape Town, South Africa, 2009.
F. E. Asimakopoulou, I. F. Gonos, and I. A. Stathopulos, "Methodologies for determination of soil ionization gradient," Journal of Electrostatics, vol. 70, pp.
N. M. Nor, M. Trlep, S. Abdullah, R. Rajab, and R. Ramar, "Determination of Threshold Electric Field of Practical Earthing Systems by FEM and Experimental Work," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 28, pp. 2180- 2184, 2013.