Context Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors reduce the risk of myocardial infarction (MI), but it is not known whether angiotensin receptor blockers have the same effect. Objective To assess the impact of the angiotensin receptor blocker candesartan on MI and... View more
1. Yusuf S, Pepine C, Garces C, et al. Effect of enalapril on myocardial infarction and unstable angina in patients with low ejection fractions. Lancet. 1992;340: 1173-1178.
2. Pfeffer MA, Braunwald E, Moyé LA, et al. Effect of captopril on mortality and morbidity in patients with left ventricular dysfunction after myocardial infarction: results of the survival of left ventricular enlargement trial. N Engl J Med. 1992;327:669-677.
3. Torp-Pedersen C, Kober L; TRACE Study Group. Effect of ACE inhibitor trandolapril on life expectancy of patients with reduced left-ventricular function after acute myocardial infarction. Lancet. 1999;354: 9-12.
4. CONSENSUS Trial Study Group. Effects of enalapril on mortality in severe congestive heart failure: results of the Cooperative North Scandanavian Enalapril Survival Study (CONSENSUS). N Engl J Med. 1987; 326:1429-1435.
5. SOLVD Investigators. Effect of enalapril on survival in patients with reduced left ventricular ejection fractions and congestive heart failure. N Engl J Med. 1991;325:293-302.
6. Flather MD, Yusuf S, Kober L, et al; ACE-Inhibitor Myocardial Infarction Collaborative Group. Long term ACE-inhibitor therapy in patients with heart failure or left ventricular dysfunction: a systematic overview of data from individual patients. Lancet. 2000;355: 1575-1581.
7. Dagenais GR, Yusuf S, Bourassa M, et al; HOPE Investigators. Effects of ramipril on coronary events in high-risk persons: results of the Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation study. Circulation. 2001;104: 522-526.
8. EURopean trial On reduction of cardiac events with Perindopril in stable coronary Artery disease Investigators. Efficacy of perindopril in reduction of cardiovascular events among patients with stable coronary artery disease: randomised, double-blind, placebocontrolled, multicentre trial (the EUROPA study). Lancet. 2003;362:782-788.
9. Braunwald E, Domanski MJ, Fowler SE, et al. Angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibition in stable coronary artery disease. N Engl J Med. 2004;351: 2058-2068.
10. Petrie MC, Padmanabhan N, McDonald JE, Hillier C, Connell JM, McMurray JJ. Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and non-ACE dependent angiotensin II generation in resistance arteries from patients with heart failure and coronary heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001;37:1056-1061.