1. Schroeter H, Heiss C, Spencer JPE, et al. (2010) Recommending flavanols and procyanidins for cardiovascular health: current knowledge and future needs. Mol Aspects Med 31, 546- 557.
2. Ellinger S, Reusch A, Stehle P, et al. (2012) Epicatechin ingested via cocoa products reduces blood pressure in humans: a nonlinear regression model with a Bayesian approach. Am J Clin Nutr 95, 1365 -1377.
3. Ried K, Sullivan T, Fakler P, et al. (2012) Effect of cocoa on blood pressure. Cochrane Database Syst Rev issue 8, CD008893.
4. EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies (NDA) (2012) Scientific opinion on the substantiation of a health claim related to cocoa flavanols and maintenance of normal endothelium-dependent vasodilation pursuant to Article 13(5) of Regulation (EC) No. 1924/2006. EFSA J 10, 2809-2830. [OpenAIRE]
5. Santos-Buelga C & Scalbert A (2000) Proanthocyanidins and tannin-like compounds: nature, occurrence, dietary intake and effects on nutrition and health. J Sci Food Agric 80, 1094 -1117.
6. Manach C, Williamson G, Morand C, et al. (2005) Bioavailability and bioefficacy of polyphenols in humans. I. Review of 97 bioavailability studies. Am J Clin Nutr 81, 230S -242S.
7. Cassidy A, Rimm EB, O'Reill EJ, et al. (2012) Dietary flavonoids and risk of stroke in women. Stroke 43, 946 -951. [OpenAIRE]
8. Cassidy A, O'Reilly EJ, Kay C, et al. (2011) Habitual intake of flavonoid subclasses and incident hypertension in adults. Am J Clin Nutr 93, 338-347.
9. Feringa HHH, Laskey DA, Dickson JE, et al. (2011) The effect of grape seed extract on cardiovascular risk markers: a metaanalysis of randomized controlled trials. J Am Diet Assoc 111, 1173 -1181. [OpenAIRE]
10. Chun OK, Chung SJ & Song WO (2007) Estimated dietary flavonoid intake and major food sources of U.S. adults. J Nutr 137, 1244 - 1252.
11. Johannot L & Somerset SM (2006) Age-related variations in flavonoid intake and sources in the Australian population. Public Health Nutr 9, 1045 -1054.
12. Justesen U, Knuthsen P & Leth T (1997) Determination of plant polyphenols in Danish foodstuffs by HPLC -UV and LC-MS detection. Cancer Lett 114, 165-167. [OpenAIRE]
13. Wang Y, Chung SJ, Song WO, et al. (2011) Estimation of daily proanthocyanidin intake and major food sources in the U.S. diet. J Nutr 141, 447-452.
14. Arts IC, Hollman PC, Feskens EJ, et al. (2001) Catechin intake and associated dietary and lifestyle factors in a representative sample of Dutch men and women. Eur J Clin Nutr 55, 76- 81.
15. Hertog MG, Hollman PC, Katan MB, et al. (1993) Intake of potentially anticarcinogenic flavonoids and their determinants in adults in The Netherlands. Nutr Cancer 20, 21 -29. [OpenAIRE]