Strength and durability of composite concretes using municipal wastes
Tokgöz, DDG; Ozerkan, NG; Kowita, OS; Antony, SJ;
Publisher: American Concrete Institute
The influence of different types of polyethylene (PE) substitutions as partial aggregate replacement of micro-steel fiber reinforced self-consolidating concrete (SCC) incorporating incinerator fly ash was investigated. The study focuses on the workability and hardened p... View more
7. Miller M, "Polymers in Cementitious Materials." Shrewsbury, GBR: Smithers Rapra; 2005.
8. Siddique R, "Waste materials and by-products in concrete." 2008.
9. Mesbah HA, Buyle-Bodin F, "Efficiency of polypropylene and metallic fibres on control of shrinkage and cracking of recycled aggregate mortars," Construction and Building Materials, V. 13, No. 8. 1999, pp. 439-447.
10. Bagherzadeh R, Sadeghi AH, Latifi M, "Utilizing polypropylene fibers to improve physical and mechanical properties of concrete," Textile Research Journal, V. 82, No. 1. 2012, pp. 88-96.
11. Naik TR, Singh SS, Huber CO, Brodersen BS, "Use of post-consumer waste plastics in cement-based composites," Cement and Concrete Research, V. 26, No. 10. 1996, pp. 1489- 1492.
12. Rivas-Vázquez LP, Suárez-Orduña R, Valera-Zaragoza M, Máas-Díaz ADLL, RamírezVargas E, "Preparation and mechanical properties of polyethylene-Portland cement composites," Book Preparation and mechanical properties of polyethylene-Portland cement composites, 1242, Editor, ed.^eds., City, 2010, pp. 179-184.
13. Jiménez FJ, Téllez L, Valenzuela MA, Lee SW, Balmori H, "Effect of waste polyethylene addition on the properties of white portland cement," Journal of Ceramic Processing Research, V. 11, No. 2. 2010, pp. 281-285.
14. Akçaözoǧlu S, Atiş CD, Akçaözoǧlu K, "An investigation on the use of shredded waste PET bottles as aggregate in lightweight concrete," Waste Management, V. 30, No. 2. 2010, pp. 285-290.
15. Albano C, Camacho N, Hernández M, Matheus A, Gutiérrez A, "Influence of content and particle size of waste pet bottles on concrete behavior at different w/c ratios," Waste Management, V. 29, No. 10. 2009, pp. 2707-2716.
16. Choi YW, Moon DJ, Chung JS, Cho SK, "Effects of waste PET bottles aggregate on the properties of concrete," Cement and Concrete Research, V. 35, No. 4. 2005, pp. 776-781.