Anthropometric, speed and endurance characteristics of English academy soccer players: Do they influence obtaining a professional contract at 18 years of age
Emmonds, S; Till, KA; Jones, B; Mellis, M; Pears, M;
mesheuropmc: human activities
This study evaluated the anthropometric, speed and endurance characteristics of English academy soccer players, comparing players who obtained a ‘professional’ contract at 18 years old with those that did not (‘academy’); 443 male academy soccer players from an English ... View more
18. Le Gall, F., Carling, C., Williams, M. and Reilly, T, Anthropometric and Fitness Characteristics of International, Professional and Amateur Male Graduate Soccer Players From an Elite Youth Academy. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 2010, 13, 90-95.
19. Krustrup, P., Mohr, M., Amstrup, T., Rysgaard, T., Johansen, J., Steensberg, A., Redersen, P.K. and Bangsbo, J, The Yo-Yo Intermittent Recovery Test: Physiological Response, Reliability, and Validity. Medicine in Science and Sports Exercise, 2003, 35, 697-705.
20. Cohen J. Statistical power analysis for the behavioural sciences, 2nd ed. New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum, 1988
21. Batterham, A.M. and Hopkins, W.G, Making Inferences About Magnitudes. International Journal of Sport Physiology and Performance 1, 50-57.
22. Franks, A.M., Williams, A.M., Reilly, T. and Nevill, A, Talent Identification in Elite Youth Soccer Players: Physical and Physiological Characteristics. Journal Sports Sciences, 1991, 17, 812-816.
23. Reilly, T., Williams, A.M., Nevill, A. and Franks, A, A Multidisciplinary Approach to Talent Identification in Soccer. Journal of Sports Sciences, 2000, 18, 695-702.
24. Mujika, I., Vaeyens, R., Matthys, S.P.J., Santisteban, J., Goiriena, J. and Philippaerts, R, The Relative Age Effect in a Professional Football Club Setting. Journal of Sports Sciences, 2009, 27, 1153-1158.
25. Hirose, N, Relationship Among Birth-Month Distributions, Skeletal Age and Anthropometric Characteristics in Adolescent Elite Soccer Players. Journal of Sports Sciences, 2009, 27, 1159-1166.