Influence of ambient temperature on cold-start emissions for a Euro 1 SI car using in-vehicle emissions measurement in an urban traffic jam test cycle
Part of book or chapter of bookEnglishOPEN
Andrews, Gordon E.; Li, Hu; Wylie, James A.; Zhu, G.; Bell, Margaret; Tate, James;
Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
The influence of ambient temperature on exhaust emissions for an instrumented Euro 1 SI car was determined for urban congested traffic conditions. In UK cities cold-starting vehicles directly into congested traffic conditions is a common occurrence that is not currently... View more
1. Hans Peter and Christian Cozzarini: Emissions and Air Quality. SAE Reference book R-237.2000.
2. J.Laurikko, L. Erlandsson and R.Arbrahamsson; Exhaust in Cold Ambient Conditions: Considerations for a European Test Procedure. SAE Paper 95923.
3. J.Laurikko and P.Aakko: The Effect of Ambient Temperature on the Emissions of Some Nitrogen Compounds: A Comparative Study on Low-Medium and High Mileage Three-Way Catalyst Vehicles. SAE Paper 950933.
4. M.D.Gurney and J.R.Allsup: Predictability of Emissions from In-Use Vehicles at Low-Ambient Temperature and Alternate Driving Cycle Based on Standard Tests. SAE Paper 890625.
5. R.E.Larson: Vehicles Emissions Characteristics under Cold Ambient Condition. SAE Paper 890021.
6. G.W.R.Taylor and S Stewart: Cold Start Impact on Vehicle Energy Use. SAE Paper 2001-01-0221.
7. G.E.Andrews, G. Zhu, H Li, A Simpson, J.A.Wylie, M.Bell and J.Tate: The Effect of Ambient Temperature on Cold Start Urban Traffic Emissions for a Real World SI Car. SAE Paper 2004-01-2903.
8. J.Laurikko and N.Nylund: Regulated and Unregulated Emissions from Catalyst Vehicles at Low Ambient Temperature. SAE Paper 930946.
9. D.H.Jason and M.D.Checkel: Quantifying Vehicle Emission Factors for Various Ambient Conditions using an On-Road, Real-Time Emissions system. SAE Paper 2003-01-0301