mesheuropmc: nervous system diseases | stomatognathic diseases | mental disorders | stomatognathic system
Abstract\ud Objective: Knowledge of risk factors for variant CJD (vCJD) remains limited, but transmission of prion proteins via re-useable medical devices, including dental instruments, or enhanced susceptibility following trauma to the oral cavity is a concern. This st... View more
1. Economics and Operational Research Division, Department of Health. Risk assessment for vCJD and Dentistry. London: The Stationery Office; 2003. (www.doh.gov.uk/cjd/dentistryrisk/index.htm).
2. Smith AJ, Bagg J, Aitken J, Dickson M. Contaminated dental instruments. J Hosp Infect 2002; 51: 233-235
3. Lowe AH, Bagg J, Burke FJT, MacKenzie D, McHugh S. A study of blood contamination of Siqveland matrix bands. Br Dent J 2001; 192: 43-45.
4. NHSScotland: Sterile Services Provision Review Group: Survey of Decontamination in General Dental Practice. Edinburgh: The Stationery Office; 2004 (www.scotland.gov.uk/library5/health/sdgdp-00.asp).
5. Ingrosso L, Pisani F, Pocchiari M. Transmission of the 263K scrapie strain by the dental route. J Gen Virol 1999; 80: 3043-3047.