mesheuropmc: food and beverages | digestive, oral, and skin physiology
Background\ud Measuring children's dietary behavior is central to evaluating interventions and identifying predictors and outcomes of dietary behaviors. Systematic biases may obscure or inflate associations with self-reported intakes.\ud \ud Objective\ud To identify cog... View more
1. Blum JW, Jacobsen DJ, Donnelly JE. Beverage consumption patterns in elementary school aged children across a two-year period. J Am Coll Nutr. 2005;24:93-98.
2. Lytle LA, Nichaman MZ, Obarzanek E, Glovsky, E, Montgomery, D, Nicklas, T, Zive, M, Feldman, H. Validation of 24-hour recalls assisted by food records in 3rdgrade children. J Am Diet Assoc. 1993;93:1431-1436.
3. Weber JL, Lytle L, Gittelsohn J, Cunningham-Sabo L, Anliker KHJ, Stevens J, Hurley J, Ring K. Validity of self-reported dietary intake at school meals by American Indian children: The pathways study. J Am Diet Assoc. 2004;104:746-752.
4. McPherson RS, Hoelscher DM, Alexander M, Scanlon KS, Serdula MK. Dietary assessment methods among school-aged children: Validity and reliability. Prev Med. 2000; 31:S11-S33.
5. Baxter SD, Smith AF, Guinn CH, Thompson WO, Litaker MS, Baglio ML, Shaffer NM, Frye FHA. Interview format influences the accuracy of children's dietary recalls validated with observations. Nutr Res. 2003;23:1537-1546.
6. Macdiarmid J, Blundell J. Assessing dietary intake: Who, what and why of underreporting. Nutr Res Rev. 1998;11:231-253.
7. Hill RJ, Davies PSW. The validity of self-reported energy intake as determined using the doubly labelled water technique. Br J Nutr. 2001;85:415-430.
8. Livingstone MBE, Robson PJ. Measurement of dietary intake in children. Proc Nutr Soc. 2000;59:279-293.
9. Baranowski T, Baranowski J, Doyle C, Wang, DQT, Smith, M, Lin, LS, Hearn, MD, Resnicow, K, Thompson, W. O. Toward reliable estimation of servings of fruit and vegetables and fat practices from adults' 7-day food records. J Nutr Educ. 1997;29:321-326.
10. Moore L, Moore G, Tapper K, Lynch, R, Desousa, C, Hale, J, Roberts, C, Murphy, S.. Free breakfasts in schools: design and conduct of a cluster randomised controlled trial of the Primary School Free Breakfast Initiative in Wales [ISRCTN18336527]. BMC Public Health. 2007;7.