This study describes the global work-rate of elite hurling match-play and the influence which positional difference has on workrate is considered. The movement of ninety-four players was recorded using global positioning system, sampling at 4 Hz in a total of 12 games. ... View more
1. Austin, D, and Kelly, S. Positional differences in professional rugby league match-play through the use of global positioning systems (GPS). J Strength Cond Res 27: 14-9, 2013.
2. Ball, K, and Horgan, B. Performance analysis of kicking and striking skills in Gaelic sports. In D. M. Peters, P. O' Donoghue (Eds.), Performance Analysis of Sport IX (2nd ed., pp. 117-123). Routledge, London; 2013.
3. Barbero-Alverez, JC, Coutts, AJ, Granda, J, Barbero-Alverez, V, and Castanga, C. The validity and reliability of a global positioning satellite system device to assess speed and repeated sprint ability (RSA) in athletes. J Sci Med 13(2): 232-235, 2010.
4. Beasley, K J. Nutrition and Gaelic Football: Review and Recommendations and Future considerations. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 25(1): 1-13, 2015.
5. Bendiksen, M, Bischoff R, Randers, MB, Mohr, M, Rollo, I, Suetta, C, Bangsbo, J, and Krustrup, P. The Copenhagen Soccer Test: physiological response and fatigue development. Med Sci Sports Exerc 44(8): 1595-603, 2012.
6. Brewer, C, Dawson, B, Heasman, J, Stewart, G, and Cormack, S. Movement pattern comparisons in elite (AFL) and sub-elite (WAFL) Australian football games using GPS. J Sci Med Sport 13(6): 618-623, 2010.
7. Brown, J, and Waller, M. Needs analysis, physiological response, and program guidelines for Gaelic football. Strength Cond J 36: 73 - 81, 2014.
8. Buchheitt, M, Allen, A, Poon, T, Mondonutti, M Gregson, W, Di Salvo V. Integrating different tracking systems in football: multiple camera semi-automatic system, local positioning measurement and GPS technologies. J Sports Sci 32(20): 1844 - 1857, 2014.
9. Castellano, J, and Casamichana, D. Heart rate and motion analysis by GPS in beach
20. Johnston, RJ, Watsford, ML, Pine, MJ, Spurrs, RW, Murphy, AJ, and Pruyn, EC. The validity and reliability of 5-Hz global positioning system units to measure team sport movement demands. J Strength Cond Res 26: 758 - 765, 2012.