We performed a single centre, double blind, randomised, controlled, non-inferiority study comparing ultrasound-guided fascia iliaca block with spinal morphine for the primary outcome of 24-h postoperative morphine consumption in patients undergoing primary total hip art... View more
1. Murray CJL, Vos T LR, Lozano R, et al. Disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) for 291 diseases and injuries in 21 regions, 1990-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet 2012; 380: 2197-223.
2. Vos T, Flaxman AD, Naghavi M, et al. Years lived with disability (YLDs) for 1160 sequelae of 289 diseases and injuries 1990-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet 2013; 9859: 2163-96.
3. Fischer B, Simanski C, The PROSPECT Working Group. A procedure-specific systematic review and consensus recommendations for analgesia after total hip replacement. Anaesthesia 2005; 60: 1189-1202.
4. Ummenhofer WC, Arends RH, Shen DD, Bernards CM. Comparative spinal distribution and clearance kinetics of intrathecally administered morphine,fentanyl, alfentanil, and sufentanil. Anesthesiology 2000; 92: 739-53.
5. Souron V, Delaunay L, Schifrine P. Intrathecal morphine provides better postoperative analgesia than psoas compartment block after primary hip arthroplasty. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia 2003; 50: 574-9.
6. Slappendel R, Weber EWG, Dirksen R, Gielen MJM, Van Limbeek J. Optimization of the dose of intrathecal morphine in total hip surgery: a dose-finding study. Anesthesia and Analgesia 1999; 88: 822-6.
7. Murphy PM, Stack D, Kinirons B, Laffey JG. Optimising the dose of intrathecal morphine in older patients undergoing hip arthroplasty. Anesthesia and Analgesia 2003; 97: 1709- 15.
8. Liu SS, McDonald SB. Current Issues in Spinal Anesthesia. Anesthesiology 2001; 94: 888-906.
9. Macario A, Weinger M, Carney S, Kim A. Which clinical anesthesia outcomes are important to avoid? The perspective of patients. Anesthesia and Analgesia 1999; 89: 652-8.
10. Pavlin DJ, Rapp SE, Polissar NL, Malmgren JA, Koerschgen M, Keyes H. Factors affecting discharge time in adult outpatients. Anesthesia and Analgesia 1998; 87: 816- 26.