The uptake of skilled birth attendants’ services in rural Nepal: A qualitative study
Baral, Y.R.; Skinner, J.; Van Teijlingen, Edwin; Lyons, K.;
Aim and objective: The general aim of this research was to explore why women do or do not want to uptake Skilled Birth Attendants’ (SBAs) services during childbirth. The objective was to explore the factors affecting the uptake of SBAs’ services during childbirth in rur... View more
1. United Nations. The Millennium Development Goals Report. United Nations, New York, 2011.
2. World Health Organisation, United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund, United Nations Fund for Population Activities & World Bank. Trends in maternal mortality: 1990 to 2010. WHO, Geneva, 2012.
3. Koblinsky, M., Conroy, C. Kureshy, N. Stanton, ME. & Jessop, S. Issues in programming for safe motherhood. Mother Care Arlington, VA: John Snow Inc 2000.
4. World Health Organization. Making pregnancy safer: The critical role of the skilled attendant. A joint statement by WHO, ICM & FIGO, Geneva, 2004.
5. World Health Organisation. Achieving Millennium Development Goal 5: Target 5A and 5B on reducing maternal mortality and achieving universal access to reproductive health. Briefing note on achieving Millennium Development Goal (MDG) 5. Department of Reproductive Health and Research, WHO, Geneva, 2009.
6. Hogan, MC., Foreman, KJ. Naghavi, M. Ahn, SY. Wang, M. Makela, SM. Lopez et al. Maternal mortality for 181 countries, 1980-2008: A systematic analysis of progress towards Millennium Development Goal 5. The Lancet, 2010, 375:1609-1623.
7. Hussein. J., Bell, J. Iang, MD. Mesko, N. Amery, J. & Graham, W. An appraisal of the maternal mortality decline in Nepal. PLoS ONE, 2011, 6, 5.
8. Pant, PD., Suvedi, BK. Pradhan, A. Hulton, L. Matthews, Z. & Maskey, M. Investigating recent improvements in maternal health in Nepal: Further analysis of the 2006 Nepal Demographic and Health Survey. Calverton, Maryland, USA: Macro International Inc, 2008.
9. Nepal Demography and Health Survey. Nepal Demographic and Health Survey 2011. Nepal Ministry of Health and Population, New ERA, and ICF International, Calverton, Maryland, 2011.
10. Witter, S., Khadka, S. Subedi, HN. & Tiwari, S. The national free delivery policy in Nepal: Early evidence of its effects on health facilities. Health Pol & Plan, 2011, 26, 2:84-91.