Lactose sensitivity and inflammatory bowel disease
Controversy still exists as to the incidence, role and impact of lactose sensitivity\ud in inflammatory bowel disease. The thesis shows that there is a higher than\ud previously reported incidence of lactose sensitivity determined by a combination\ud of genotype, breath... View more
1.2.5: Genetics of Adult Type Hypolactasia 1.2.6: Metabolism of Lactose in Humans 1.2.7: Clinical Features of Lactose Sensitivity 1.2.8: Tests Used to Determine Lactose Digestion 1.2.9: Management, Treatment & Nutritional Consequences of Lactose Intolerance 1.3: Lactose Sensitivity in Gastro-Intestinal Disorders 1.3.1: Lactose Sensitivity in irritable Bowel Syndrome 1.3.2: Lactose Sensitivity in Coeliac Disease 1.3.3: Lactose Sensitivity in Gastro-Intestinal Infections 1.3.4: Lactose Sensitivity after Radiotherapy 1.3.5: Lactose Sensitivity and Risk of Colo-Rectal Cancer 1.3.6: Lactose Sensitivity in Inflammatory Bowel Disease 178. Burgio GR, Flatz G, Barbera C, Patane R, Boner A, Cajozzo C, et al.
Prevalence of primary adult lactose malabsorption and awareness of milk intolerance in Italy. Am J Clin Nutr. 1984 Jan; 39:100-4.
179. Hermans MM, Brummer RJ, Ruijgers AM, Stockbrugger RW. The relationship between lactose tolerance test results and symptoms of lactose intolerance. Am J Gastroenterol. 1997 Jun; 92:981-4.
180. Beyerlein L, Pohl D, Delco F, Stutz B, Fried M, Tutuian R. Correlation between symptoms developed after the oral ingestion of 50 g lactose and results of hydrogen breath testing for lactose intolerance. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2008 Apr; 27:659-65.
181. Vernia P, Marinaro V, Argnani F, Di Camillo M, Caprilli R. Self-reported milk intolerance in irritable bowel syndrome: what should we believe? Clin Nutr.
2004 Oct; 23:996-1000.
182. Farup PG, Monsbakken KW, Vandvik PO. Lactose malabsorption in a population with irritable bowel syndrome: prevalence and symptoms. A casecontrol study. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2004 Jul; 39:645-9.
183. Socha J, Ksiazyk J, Flatz G, Flatz SD. Prevalence of primary adult lactose malabsorption in Poland. Ann Hum Biol. 1984 Jul-Aug; 11:311-6.
184. Enattah N, Pekkarinen T, Valimaki MJ, Loyttyniemi E, Jarvela I.