Academic-industry partnerships in addressing nutrition - [Infection-immunity-inflammation] interactions
Publisher: Cambridge University Press (CUP)
The interaction between nutrition and infection is a key determinant of human health. Traditionally the interaction has centered on the role of nutrients in defining host defenses and the impact of infection in defining nutritional needs and status. Over the past decade... View more
4. Sirisinha S & Suskind R (1974) Host defenses in protein-calorie malnutrition. J Med Assoc Thai 57, 197 - 206.
5. Chandra RK (1996) Nutrition, immunity and infection: from basic knowledge of dietary manipulation of immune responses to practical application of ameliorating suffering and improving survival. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93, 14304 - 14307.
6. Bistrian BR, Blackburn GL, Vitale J, Cochran D & Naylor J (1976) Prevalence of malnutrition in general medical patients. Jama 235, 1567 - 1570.
7. Beisel WR (1977) Magnitude of the host nutritional responses to infection. Am J Clin Nutr 30, 1236 - 1247.
8. Gershwin ME, Keen CL, Mareschi JP & Fletcher MP (1991) Trace metal nutrition and the immune response. Compr Ther 17, 27 - 34.
9. Keusch GT (1998) Nutrition and immunity: from A to Z. Nutr Rev 56, S3 - S4.
10. Mascioli E, Leader L, Flores E, Trimbo S, Bistrian B & Blackburn G (1988) Enhanced survival to endotoxin in guinea pigs fed IV fish oil emulsion. Lipids 23, 623 - 625.