1. World Health Organization (1995) Female Genital Mutilation Report of a WHO Technical Working Group. Geneva, 17-19 July 1995, WHO/FRH/WHD/96.10.
9. McCaffery M, Jankowska S HO and Gordon H (1995) 'Management of female genital mutilation: the Northwick Park Hospital experience' British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 102: 787-90.
11. Morison L, Dirir A, Elmi S, Warsame J and Dirir S (2004) 'How experiences and attitudes relating to female circumcision vary according to age on arrival in Britain: a study among young Somalis in London' Ethnicity and Health 9(1): 75-100
19. Nour NM (2005) 'Number of women, girls with or at risk for female genital cutting on the rise in the United States'. Press Release. Boston: African Women's Health Centre, Brigham and Women's Hospital, 28/1/2005. See: www.brighamandwomens. org/africanwomenscenter/research.asp. [Accessed October 12 2005]
20. Leye E and Anon J G (2004) 'Legislation in Europe regarding female genital mutilation and the implementation of the law in Belgium, France, Spain, Sweden and the UK' pp.26-8 International Centre for Reproductive Health, Ghent University, De Pintelaan 185 P3,9000 Ghent, Belgium