We argue that currently developed software frameworks for active and programmable networking do not provide a truly generic approach to the development, deployment, and management of services. Furthermore, current systems are typically targeted at a particular level of ... View more
1. ANTS. The ants toolkit. http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/janos/ants.html, 2002.
2. R. Braden, T. Faber, and M. Handley. From Protocol Stack to Protocol Heap - Role-Based Architecture. In ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, volume 33, No 1, January 2003.
3. K. Brown. Building a Lightweight COM Interception Framework Part 1: The Universal Delegator. Microsoft Systems Journal, January 1999.
4. A. Campbell, Meer G., M. Kounavis, K. Miki, J. Vicente, and D. Villela. The Genesis Kernel: A virtual network operating system for spawning network architectures. In OPENARCH'99 - Open Architecture and Networking Programming, New York, USA, March 1999.
5. A.T. Campbell, M.E. Kounavis, D.A. Villela, J.B. Vicente, H.G. de Meer, K. Miki, and K.S. Kalaichelvan. NetBind: A Binding Tool for Constructing Data Paths in Network Processor-based Routers. In 5th IEEE International Conference on Open Architectures and Network Programming (OPENARCH'02), June 2002.
6. P. Chandra, A. Fisher, C. Kosak, T.S.E. Ng, P. Steenkiste, E. Takahashi, and H. Zhang. Darwin: Customizable Resource Management for Value-added Network Services. In 6th IEEE Intl. Conf. on Network Protocols (ICNP 98), Austin, Texas, USA, October 1998.
7. M. Clarke, G.S. Blair, G. Coulson, and N. Parlavantzas. An Efficient Component Model for the Construction of Adaptive Middleware. In Proceedings of the IFIP/ACM Middleware 2001, Heidelberg, November 2001.
8. D. Comer. Network Systems Design using Network Processors. Prentice Hall, 2003.
9. G. Coulson, G. Blair, T. Gomes, A. Joolia, K. Lee, J. Ueyama, and Y. Ye. Position paper: A Reflective Middleware-based Approach to Programmable Networking. In ACM/IFIP/USENIX International Middleware Conference, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 2003.
10. G. Coulson, Blair G.S., M. Clarke, and N. Parlavantzas. The Design of a Highly Configurable and Reconfigurable Middleware Platform. ACM Distributed Computing Journal, 15(2):109-126, April 2002.