Systematic reviews as a tool for planning and\ud interpreting trials
Bath, Philip M.W.; Gray, Laura J.;
Background Systematic reviews followed by ameta-analysis\ud are carried out in medical research to combine the results of two or more related studies. Stroke trials have struggled to show beneficial effects and meta-analysis should be used more widely throughout the res... View more
1. Wardlaw JM, Zoppo G, Yamaguchi T, Berge E. Thrombolysis for acute ischaemic stroke. Cochrane Database Systematic Review 2003(3).
2. The ATLANTIS ECASS and NINDS rt-PA Study Group Investigators. Association of outcome with early stroke treatment: pooled analysis of ATLANTIS, ECASS, and NINDS rt-PA stroke trials. The Lancet 2004;363:768-813.
3. Gubitz G, Sandercock P, Counsell C. Antiplatelet therapy for acute ischaemic stroke. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2003(2).
4. Stroke Unit Trialists' Collaboration. Organised inpatient (stroke unit) care for stroke. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2002.
5. Vahedi K, Hofimeijer J, Vacaut E, et al. Early decompressive surgery in malignant infarction of the middle cerebral artery: a pooled analysis of three randomised controlled trials. Lancet Neurology 2007;6:215-22.
6. Lees KR, Muir KW. Excitatory amino acid antagonists for acute stroke (Cochrane Review). The Cochrane Library. In press ed. Oxford: Update Software, 2002.
7. Gubitz G, Counsell C, Sandercock P. Anticoagulants for acute ischaemic stroke. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2004(3).
8. Willmot M, Leonardi-Bee J, Bath PM. High blood pressure in acute stroke and subsequent outcome: a systematic review. Hypertension 2004;43(1):18-24.
9. Sandercock P, Roberts I. Systematic reviews of animal experiments. The Lancet 2002;360:586.
10. Stroke Therapy Academic Industry Roundtable (STAIR). Recommendations for standards regarding preclinical neuroprotective and restorative drug development. Stroke 1999;30:2752- 2758.