INTRODUCTION\ud \ud Cytokeratin (CK) 14, one of several markers expressed in normal myoepithelial/basal cells, is also expressed in a proportion of breast carcinomas. Previous studies have suggested that expression of such 'basal' markers predicts different biological b... View more
Ellis IO, Galea M, Broughton N, Locker A, Blamey RW, Elston CW: Pathological prognostic factors in breast cancer. II. Histological type. Relationship with survival in a large study with longterm follow-up. Histopathology 1992, 20:479-489.
Elston CW, Ellis IO: Pathological prognostic factors in breast cancer. I. The value of histological grade in breast cancer: experience from a large study with long-term follow-up. Histopathology 1991, 19:403-410.
Page DL, Jensen RA, Simpson JF: Routinely available indicators of prognosis in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 1998, 51:195-208.
4. Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of the Breast and Female Genital Organs Edited by: Tavassoli FA, Devilee P. Lyon: IARC Press; 2003:10-112. 336-357
5. Page DL: Special types of invasive breast cancer, with clinical implications. Am J Surg Pathol 2003, 27:832-835.
6. Perou CM, Jeffrey SS, van de Rijn M, Rees CA, Eisen MB, Ross DT, Pergamenschikov A, Williams CF, Zhu SX, Lee JC, et al.: Distinctive gene expression patterns in human mammary epithelial cells and breast cancers. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1999, 96:9212-9217.
7. Sorlie T, Perou CM, Tibshirani R, Aas T, Geisler S, Johnsen H, Hastie T, Eisen MB, van de Rijn M, Jeffrey SS, et al.: Gene expression patterns of breast carcinomas distinguish tumor subclasses with clinical implications. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2001, 98:10869-10874.
8. Sorlie T, Tibshirani R, Parker J, Hastie T, Marron JS, Nobel A, Deng S, Johnsen H, Pesich R, Geisler S, et al.: Repeated observation of breast tumor subtypes in independent gene expression data sets. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2003, 100:8418-8423.
9. Rouzier R, Perou CM, Symmans WF, Ibrahim N, Cristofanilli M, Anderson K, Hess KR, Stec J, Ayers M, Wagner P, et al.: Breast cancer molecular subtypes respond differently to preoperative chemotherapy. Clin Cancer Res 2005, 11:5678-5685.
10. Sotiriou C, Neo SY, McShane LM, Korn EL, Long PM, Jazaeri A, Martiat P, Fox SB, Harris AL, Liu ET: Breast cancer classification and prognosis based on gene expression profiles from a population-based study. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2003, 100:10393-10398.