BACKGROUND: There is relatively little information about endogenous biochemical changes in a response to plateletpheresis in healthy donors. We aimed to investigate the changes in different biochemical parameters including glycemic status, insulin resistance, iron statu... View more
1. Estcourt LJ. Why has demand for platelet components increased? A review. Transfus Med 2014; 24:260-8 (PMID: 25327286).
2. Amrein K, Katschnig C, Sipurzynski S, et al. Apheresis affects bone and mineral metabolism. Bone 2010; 46:789-95 (PMID: 19922822).
3. Chen Y, Lin Y, Lin H, et al. Regular plateletpheresis increased basal concentrations of soluble Pselectin in healthy donors: Possible involvement of endothelial cell activation? Clin Chim Acta 2016; 458:18-22 (PMID: 27108199).
4. Pontes TB, Moreira-Nunes Cde F, Maues JH, et al. The miRNA Profile of Platelets Stored in a Blood Bank and Its Relation to Cellular Damage from Storage. PloS one 2015; 10:e0129399 (PMID: 26121269).
5. Beth H. Shaz CDH, Mikhail Roshal, Charles S. Abrams. Transfusion Medicine and Hemostasis: Clinical and Laboratory Aspects. 2013:46. https://www.elsevier.com/books/transfusionmedicine-and-hemostasis/shaz/978-0-12-397164-7
6. Houschyar KS, Ludtke R, Dobos GJ, et al. Effects of phlebotomy-induced reduction of body iron stores on metabolic syndrome: results from a randomized clinical trial. BMC Med 2012; 10:54 (PMID: 22647517).
7. Cagnacci A, Paoletti AM, Renzi A, et al. Glucose metabolism and insulin resistance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome during therapy with oral contraceptives containing cyproterone acetate or desogestrel. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2003; 88:3621-5 (PMID: 12915645).
8. Alberti KG, Zimmet PZ. Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1: diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus provisional report of a WHO consultation. Diabet Med 1998; 15:539-53 (PMID: 9686693).
9. Friedewald WT, Levy RI, Fredrickson DS. Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge. Clin Chem 1972; 18:499-502 (PMID: 4337382).
10. Belfiore F, Iannello S, Camuto M, Fagone S, Cavaleri A. Insulin sensitivity of blood glucose versus insulin sensitivity of blood free fatty acids in normal, obese, and obese-diabetic subjects. Metabolism 2001; 50:573-82 (PMID: 11319720).