Current methods of estimating the behaviour of marine composite structures under pressure due to slamming as a result of high waves are based on trial and error or oversimplification. Normally under these conditions the nonlinearities of these structures are often negle... View more
6. B V Korvin-Kroukovsky, 'Investigation of ship motions in regular waves', SNAME Transactions, Vol 63, pp 386-435, 1955.
7. J Gerritsma and W Beukelman, 'The distribution of the hydrodynamic forces on a heaving and pitching ship model in still water', paper presented at the Fifth Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics, Washington, 1964.
8. R E D Bishop and W G Price, Hydroelasticity of Ships, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1979.
9. B P Phelps, 'Determination of wave loads for ship structural analysis', DSTO Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory, Melbourne, 1997.
10. J D Clarke, 'Wave loading of warships', Journal of Naval Science, Vol 12, No 4, 1986.