arxiv: Physics::Optics | Nonlinear Sciences::Pattern Formation and Solitons
The discovery of a new type of soliton occurring in periodic systems is reported. This type of nonlinear excitation exists at a Dirac point of a photonic band structure, and features an oscillating tail that damps algebraically. Solitons in periodic systems are localize... View more
12. C. Brunhuber, F. G. Mertens, and Y. Gaididei, “Long-range effects on superdiffusive algebraic solitons in anharmonic chains,” Eur. Phys. J. B 57, 57-65 (2007).
13. A. H. C. Neto, F. Guinea, N. M. R. Peres, K. S. Novoselov, and A. K. Geim, “The electronic properties of graphene,” Rev. Mod. Phys. 81, 109-162 (2009).
14. S. Raghu and F. D. M. Haldane, “Analogs of quantum-Hall-effect edge states in photonic crystals,” Phys. Rev. A 78, 033834 (2008).
15. S. Longhi, “Quantum-optical analogies using photonic structures,” Laser Photonics Rev. 3, 243-261 (2009).
16. S. R. Zandbergen and M. J. A. de Dood, “Experimental observation of strong edge effects on the pseudodiffusive transport of light in photonic graphene,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 104(4), 043903 (2010).
17. X. Zhang, “Observing Zitterbewegung for photons near the Dirac point of a two-dimensional photonic crystal,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 100(11), 113903 (2008).
18. M. J. Ablowitz and Y. Zhu, “Nonlinear Waves in Shallow Honeycomb Lattices,” SIAM J. Appl. Math. 72, 240- 260 (2012).
19. O. Bahat-Treidel, O. Peleg, and M. Segev, “Symmetry breaking in honeycomb photonic lattices,” Opt. Lett. 33(19), 2251-2253 (2008).
20. O. Peleg, G. Bartal, B. Freedman, O. Manela, M. Segev, and D. N. Christodoulides, “Conical diffraction and gap solitons in honeycomb photonic lattices,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 98(10), 103901 (2007).
21. K. Xie, H. M. Jiang, A. D. Boardman, Y. Liu, Z. H. Wu, M. Xie, P. Jiang, Q. Xu, M. Yu, and L. E. Davis, “Trapped photons at a Dirac point: a new horizon for photonic crystals,” Laser Photonics Rev. 8, 583-589 (2014).