Purpose\ud \ud Childhood hyperactivity leads to mental health problems, but it is not known whether there are long-term risks for adult mood problems in unselected population cohorts that extend to mid-life. Aims were to examine links between childhood hyperactivity and... View more
8. Langley K, Fowler T, Ford T, Thapar AK, van den Bree M, Harold G, Owen MJ, O'Donovan MC, Thapar A (2010) Adolescent clinical outcomes for young people with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Br J Psychiatry.196:235-40.
9. Biederman J, Monuteaux MC, Mick E, Spencer T, Wilens TE, Silva JM, Snyder LE, Faraone SV (2006) Young adult outcome of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a controlled 10-year follow-up study. Psych Med 36:167-179.
10. Bussing R, Mason DM, Bell L, Porter P, Garvan C. (2010) Adolescent outcomes of childhood attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in a diverse community sample. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49: 595-605.
11. Shaw M, Hodgkins P, Caci H, Young S, Kahle J, Woods AG, Arnold LE (2012) A systematic review and analysis of long-term outcomes in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: effects of treatment and non-treatment. BMC Med.10:99
12. Able SL, Johnston JA, Adler LA, Swindle RW (2007) Functional and psychosocial impairment in adults with undiagnosed ADHD. Psychol Med. 37:97-107.
13. Thapar A, Collishaw S, Pine DS, Thapar AK (2012) Depression in adolescence. Lancet. 379:1056-67.
14. Power C, Elliott J (2006) Cohort profile: 1958 British birth cohort (National Child Development Study). Int J Epidemiol 35:34-41.
15. Rutter M, Tizard J, Whitmore K (1970) Education, Health and Behaviour. London: Longman, Green.
16. Rodgers B, Pickles A, Power C, Collishaw S, Maughan B (1999) Validity of the Malaise Inventory in general population samples. Soc Psych Psych Epid 34:333-341.
17. Takizawa R, Maughan B, Arsenault L (2014) Adult health outcomes of childhood bullying victimization: evidence from a five-decade longitudinal British birth cohort. Am J Psych 171: 777-784.