mesheuropmc: humanities | human activities | social sciences
Background: Depression in stroke survivors is common, leads to poorer outcomes and often not treated. A group cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) program (Brainstorm) for stroke survivors with depression, and their carers has been running as part of usual care since 200... View more
11. Rasquin SMC, van de Sande P, Praamstra AJ, van Heugten CM. Cognitivebehavioural intervention for depression after stroke: Five single case studies on effects and feasibility. Neuropsychol Rehabil. 2009;19(2):208-22.
12. Lincoln NB, Flannaghan T. Cognitive Behavioral psychotherapy for depression following stroke: A Randomised Controlled Trial. Stroke. 2003;34:111-5.
13. Thomas S, A, Walker M, Macniven JA, Haworth H, Lincoln NB. Communication and Low Mood (CALM): a randomized controlled trial of behavioural therapy for stroke patients with aphasia. Clin Rehabil. 2012;27(5):398-408.
14. Vos T, Corry J, Haby MM, Carter R, Andrews G. Cost-effectiveness of cognitive-behavioural therapy and drug interventions for major depression. Aust NZ J Psychiat. 2005;39:683-92.
15. National Stroke Foundation. National Stroke Audit Acute Services Clinical Audit Report Melbourne, Australia: National Stroke Foundation; 2009 [cited 2013 August 17]. Available from: http://strokefoundation.com.au.
16. Hambridge JA, Turner A, Baker AL. Braveheart begins: pilot results of group cognitive behaviour therapy for depression and anxiety in cardiac patients. Aust N Z J Psychiat. 2009;43:1171-7.
17. Turner A, Hambridge JA, Baker AL, Bowman J, McElduff P. Randomised controlled trial of group cognitive behaviour therapy versus brief intervention for depression in cardiac patients. Aust NZ J Psychiat. 2013;47(3):235-43.
18. Edelman S, Lemon J, Kidman A. The perceived benefits of a group CBT intervention for patients with coronary heart disease. Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy. 2003 2003;17(1):59-65(7).
19. Beck AT, Steer RA, Brown GK. BDI-II, Beck Depression Inventory: Manual. 2nd ed. San Antonio, Texas: Psychological Corporation; 1996.
20. Zigmond AS, Snaith RP. The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale. Acta Psychiat Scand. 1983;67:361-70.