A single-arm trial indirect comparison investigation: a proof-of-concept method to predict venous leg ulcer healing time for a new acellular synthetic matrix matched to standard care control
Shannon, R; Nelson, A;
To compare data on time to healing from two separate cohorts: one treated with a new acellular synthetic matrix plus standard care (SC) and one matched from four large UK pragmatic, randomised controlled trials [venous leg ulcer (VLU) evidence network]. We introduce a n... View more
1. Global Health Economic Projects LLC, Clifton Park, NY, USA
2. Head of School, Professor of Wound Healing, School of Healthcare, University of Leeds, UK
1. Körber A, Klode J, Al-Benna S, Wax C, Schadendorf D, Steinstraesser L, Dissemond J. Etiology of chronic leg ulcers in 31,619 patients in Germany analyzed by an expert survey. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2011 Feb;9(2):116-21.
2. K. Sen C, Gordillo GM, Roy S, Kirsner R, Lambert L, Hunt TK, Gottrup F, Gurtner GC, Longaker MT. Human Skin Wounds: A Major and Snowballing Threat to Public Health and the Economy. Wound Repair Regen. 2009; 17(6): 763 771.
3. Mekkes JR, Loots MA, Van Der Wal AC, Bos JD. Causes, investigation and treatment of leg ulceration. Br J Dermatol 2003; 148: 388 401.4.
4. Chen WY, Rogers AA. Recent insights into causes of chronic leg ulceration in venous disease and implications on other types of chronic wounds. Wound Rep Regen 2007; 15: 434-9.
5. van Gent WB, Wilschut ED, Wittens C. Management of venous ulcer disease. BMJ 2010;341:c6045.
6. Posnett J, Franks PJ (2008) The burden of chronic wounds in the UK. Nursing Times; 104: 3, 44- 45.
23. Dumville JC, Worthy G, Bland JM, Cullum N, Dowson C, Iglesias C, Mitchell JL, Nelson EA, Soares MO, Torgerson DJ. Larval therapy for leg ulcers (VenUS II): randomised controlled trial. BMJ 2009; 338:b773.
24. Dumville J, Worthy G, Soares M, Bland JM, Cullum M, Dowson C, et al. VenUS II: a randomised controlled trial of larval therapy in the management of leg ulcers. Health Technol Assess 2009; 13:1-182.