1. Kuss DJ, Grifiths MD, Karila L, Billieux J (2014) Internet addiction: A systematic review of epidemiological research for the last decade. Curr Pharm Design 20: 4026-4052.
2. American Psychiatric Association (2013) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (5th ed.)
3. Grifiths MD, Szabo A (2014) Is excessive online usage a function of medium or activity? An empirical pilot study. J Behav Addict, 3: 74-77. doi: 10.1556/JBA.2.2013.016
4. Grifiths MD (2000) Internet addiction - Time to be taken seriously? Addict Res 8: 413-418.
5. Grifiths MD (1999) Internet addiction: Internet fuels other addictions. Student BMJ, 7: 428-429.
6. Block JJ (2008) Issues for DSM-V: internet addiction. Am J Psychiat 165: 306-307.
7. Petry NM, O'Brien CP (2013) Internet gaming disorder and the DSM-5. Addiction 108:7
8. Pies R (2009) Should DSM-V Designate “Internet Addiction” a Mental Disorder? Psychiatry (Edgmont), 6(2): 31-37.
9. Pontes HM, Grifiths MD (in press) New concepts, old known issues - The DSM-5 and Internet Gaming Disorder and its assessment. In J. Bishop (Ed.), Psychological and Social Implications Surrounding Internet and Gaming Addiction. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
10. Pontes HM, Grifiths MD (2014) Assessment of Internet Gaming Disorder in clinical research: Past and present perspectives. Clin Res Regul Af 31(2-4): 35-48