1. Berezikov E, Guryev V, van de Belt J, Wienholds E, Plasterk RHA, Cuppen E. Phylogenetic shadowing and computational identification of human microRNA genes. Cell 2005; 120: 21-24.
2. Bentwich I, Avniel A, Karov Y, et al. Identification of hundreds of conserved and nonconserved human microRNAs. Nat Genet 2005; 37: 766-770. [OpenAIRE]
3. Cui RR, Li SJ, Liu LJ, et al. MicroRNA-204 regulates vascular smooth muscle cell calcification in vitro and in vivo. Cardiovasc Res 2012; 96: 320-329.
4. Li P, Liu Y, Yi B, et al. MicroRNA-638 is highly expressed in human vascular smooth muscle cells and inhibits PDGF-bb-induced cell proliferation and migration through targeting orphan nuclear receptor nor1. Cardiovasc Res 2013; 96: 320-329.
5. Leeper NJ, Raiesdana A, Kojima Y, et al. MicroRNA-26a is a novel regulator of vascular smooth muscle cell function. J Cell Physiol 2011; 226: 1035-1043. [OpenAIRE]
6. Gui T, Zhou GY, Sun YJ, et al. MicroRNAs that target ca2+ transporters are involved in vascular smooth muscle cell calcification. Lab Invest 2012; 92: 1250-1259.
7. Coleman CB, Lightell DJ, Jr., Moss SC, Bates M, Eugene Parrino P, Cooper Woods T. Elevation of miR-221 and 222 in the internal mammary arteries of diabetic subjects and normalization with metformin. Mol Cell Endocrinol 2013; 374(1-2): 125-9.
8. Johnson K, Polewski M, van Etten D, Terkeltaub R. Chondrogenesis mediated by PPi depletion promotes spontaneous aortic calcification in npp1 / mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2005; 25: 686-691.
9. Johnson KA, Polewski M, Terkeltaub RA. Transglutaminase 2 is central to induction of the arterial calcification program by smooth muscle cells. Circ Res 2008; 102: 529-537.
10. Zhu D, Mackenzie NCW, Millan JL, Farquharson C, MacRae VE. The appearance and modulation of osteocyte marker expression during calcification of vascular smooth muscle cells. PLoS One 2011; 6: e19595.
11. Zhu D, Mackenzie NC, Millan JL, Farquharson C, Macrae VE. A protective role for FGF-23 in local defence against disrupted arterial wall integrity? Mol Cell Endocrinol 2013; 372: 1-11.
12. Newton PT, Staines KA, Spevak L, et al. Chondrogenic ATDC5 cells: An optimised model for rapid and physiological matrix mineralisation. Int J Mol Med 2012; 30: 1187-1193. [OpenAIRE]
13. Staines KA, Mackenzie NCW, Clarkin CE, et al. MEPE is a novel regulator of growth plate cartilage mineralization. Bone 2012; 51: 418-430. [OpenAIRE]
14. Farquharson C, Lester D, Seawright E, Jefferies D, Houston B. Microtubules are potential regulators of growth-plate chondrocyte differentiation and hypertrophy. Bone 1999; 25: 405-412.
15. Sun K, Wang W, Lei S-t, Wu C-t, Li G-x. MicroRNA-221 promotes colon carcinoma cell proliferation in vitro by inhibiting Cdkn1c/p57 expression. Journal of Southern Medical University 2011; 31: 1885-1889.