During the past few years a lot of PKI (Public Key Infrastructures) infrastructures have been proposed for healthcare networks in order to ensure secure communication services and exchange of data among healthcare professionals. However, there is a plethora of challenge... View more
1. Adams, C., and Just, M., PKI: Ten Years Later. Proceedings of the 3rd Annual PKI R&D Workshop. 69-84, 2004.
2. Al-Nayadi, F., and Abawajy, J. H., An Authentication Framework for e-Health Systems. Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology. 616-620, 2007
3. Chadwick, D. W., Mundy, D., and New J., Experiences of using a PKI to access a hospital information system by high street opticians. Computer Communications. Elsevier. 26: 1893-1903, 2003.
4. Ferreira, A., Cruz-Correia, R., Antunes, L., and Chadwick, D., Access Control: how can it improve patients' healthcare?. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. IOS Press. 127: 65-76, 2007.
5. Gomes, H., Cunha, J. P., and Zúquete, A., Authentication Architecture for eHealth Professionals. Meersman, R., Tari Z. (eds.), OTM 2007, Part II, LNCS. Springer. 4804: 1583-1600, 2007.
6. Han, S., Skinner, G., Potdar, V., and Chang, E., A Framework of Authentication and Authorization for e-Health Service Systems. Proceedings of the 3rd ACM workshop on Secure web services. 105-106, 2006.
7. Hu, J., Chen, H-H., and Hou, T-W., A hybrid public key infrastructure solution (HPKI) for HIPAA privacy/security regulations. Computer Standards & Interfaces. Elsevier. 32: 274 - 280, 2010.
8. Kambourakis, G., Maglogiannis, I., and Rouskas, A., PKI-based secure mobile access to electronic health services and data. Technology and Health Care. IOS Press. 13: 511-526, 2005.
9. Komninos, N., PKI Systems. Douligeris, C., and Serpanos, D. N. (eds.), Network Security: Current Status and Future Directions. Wiley - IEEE Press. 409-418, 2007.
10. Lopez, J., Oppliger, R., and Pernul, G., Authentication and authorization infrastructures (AAIs): a comparative survey. Computers & Security. Elsevier. 23: 578-590, 2004.