1. Izumi Y, Roussel S, Pinard E, Seylaz J: Reduction of infarct volume by magnesium after middle cerebral artery occlusion in rats. J Cereb Flow Metab 1991, 11:1025-1030.
2. Marinov MB, Harbaugh KS, Hoopes PJ, Pikus HJ, Harbaugh R: Neuroprotective effects of pre-ischemia intraarterial magnesium sulfate in reversible focal cerebral ischemia. J Neurosurg 1996, 85: 117-124. [OpenAIRE]
3. McDonald JW, Silverstein FS, Johnston MV: Magnesium reduces Nmethyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)-mediated brain injury in perinatal rats. Neuroscience 1990, 109:234-238.
4. Tsuda T, Kogure K, Nishioka K, Watanabe T: Mg2+ administered up to twenty-four hours following reperfusion prevents ischemic damage of the CA1 neurons in the rat hippocampus. Neuroscience 1991, 44:335-341.
5. Chi OZ, Pollak P, Weiss HR: Effects of magnesium sulfate and nifedipine on regional cerebral blood flow during middle cerebral artery ligation in the rat. Arch Int Pharmacodyn Ther 1990, 304:196- 205.
6. Kemp PA, Gardiner SM, Bennett T, Rubin PC: Magnesium sulphate reverses the carotid vasoconstriction caused by endothelin-I, angiotensin II and neuropeptide-Y, but not that caused by NGnitro-L-arginine methyl ester, in conscious rats. Clin Sci 1993, 85: 175-181.
7. Nowak L, Bregestovski P, Ascher P: Magnesium gates glutamateactivated channels in mouse central neurones. Nature 1984, 307: 462-465. [OpenAIRE]
8. Harrison NL, Simmonds MA: Quantitative studies on some antagonists of N-methyl D-aspartate in slices of rat cerebral cortex. Br J Pharmacol 1985, 84:381-391. [OpenAIRE]
9. Iseri LT, French JH: Magnesium: nature's physiologic calcium blocker. Am Heart J 1984, 108:188-193. [OpenAIRE]
10. ISIS-4 (Fourth International Study of Infarct Survival) Collaborative Group: ISIS-4: a randomised factorial trial assessing early oral captopril, oral mononitrate, and intravenous magnesium sulphate in 58,050 patients with suspected acute myocardial infarction. Lancet 1995, 345:669-685.
11. Woods KL, Fletcher S: Long-term outcome after intravenous magnesium sulphate in suspected acute myocardial infarction: the second Leicester Intravenous Magnesium Intervention Trial (LIMIT-2). Lancet 1994, 343:816-819.
12. Lucas MJ, Leveno KJ, Cunningham FG: A comparison of magnesium sulfate with phenytoin for the prevention of eclampsia. N Engl J Med 1995, 333:201-205. [OpenAIRE]
13. The Eclampsia Trial Collaborative Group: Which anticonvulsant for women with eclampsia? Evidence from the Collaborative Eclampsia Trial. Lancet 1995, 345:1455-1463.
14. Thurnau GR, Kemp DB, Jarvis A: Cerebrospinal fluid levels of magnesium in patients with pre-eclampsia after treatment with intravenous magnesium sulfate: a preliminary report. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1987, 157:1435-1438.
15. Muir KW, Lees KR: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot trial of intravenous magnesium sulfate in acute stroke. Stroke 1995, 26:1183-1188.