Punt kicking is integral to the attacking and defensive elements of rugby league and the ability to kick the ball with high\ud velocity is desirable. This study aimed to identify important technical aspects of kicking linked to the generation of ball\ud velocity. Maxima... View more
1. Lim, E., Lay, B., Dawson, B., Wallman, K. and Anderson, S., Development of Player Impact Ranking Matrix in Super 14 Rugby Union. International Journal of Performance Analysis of Sport, 2009, 9, 354-367.
2. de Mestre, N., The mathematics of projectiles in sport. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1990.
3. Baktash, S., Hy, A., Muir, S., Walton, T. and Zhang, T., The Effects of Different Instep Foot Positions on Ball Velocity in Place Kicking. International Journal of Sports Science and Engineering, 2009, 3, 85-92.
4. Ball, K., Biomechanical Considerations of Distance Kicking in Australian Rules Football. Sports Biomechanics, 2008, 7, 10-23.
5. Ball, K., Kinematic Comparison of the Preferred and Non-Preferred Foot Punt Kick. Journal of Sports Sciences, 2011, 29, 1545-1552.
6. Dichieraa, A., Webstera, K.E., Kuilboera, L., Morrisa, M.E. Bacha, T.M., and Feller, J.A. Kinematic Patterns Associated With Accuracy of the Drop Punt Kick in Australian Football. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 2006, 9, 292-298.
7. Pavely, S., Adams, R. D., Di Francesco, T., Larkham, S. and Maher, C.G. Bilateral Clearance Punt Kicking in Rugby Union: Effects of Hand Used for Ball Delivery. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport, 2010, 10, 187-196.
8. Orchard, J., Walt, S., McIntosh, A. and Garlick, D., Muscle Activity During the Drop Punt Kick. Journal of Sports Sciences, 1999, 17, 837-838.
9. Cappozzo, A., Catani, F., Leardini, A., Benedeti, M.G. and Della, C.U., Position and Orientation in Space of Bones During Movement: Anatomical Frame Definition and Determination. Clinical Biomechanics, 1995, 10, 171-178.
10. Bell, A.L., Brand, R.A. and Pedersen, D.R., Prediction of Hip Joint Centre Location From External Landmarks, Human Movement Science, 1989, 8, 3-16.