Subject: Sexually transmitted diseases | Research Article | China | RA1-1270 | Public aspects of medicine | Migration | HIV/AIDS | Men who have sex with men (MSM)
mesheuropmc: human activities | virus diseases
Abstract Background Sex tourism among men who have sex with men (MSM) may exacerbate transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Sex tourism is defined as purchasing sex with gifts or money outside of one’s hometown. Our objective was to charac... View more
1. Baral S, Sifakis F, Cleghorn F, Beyrer C. Elevated risk for HIV infection among men who have sex with men in low- and middle-income countries 2000- 2006: a systematic review. PLoS Med. 2007;4(12):e339.
2. Preston DB, D'Augelli AR, Kassab CD, Starks MT. The relationship of stigma to the sexual risk behavior of rural men who have sex with men. AIDS Educ Prev. 2007;19(3):218-30.
3. Liu H, Liu H, Cai Y, Rhodes AG, Hong F. Money boys, HIV risks, and the associations between norms and safer sex: a respondent-driven sampling study in Shenzhen, China. AIDS Behav. 2009;13(4):652-62.
4. Liu H, Li S, Feldman MW. Forced bachelors, migration and HIV transmission risk in the context of China's gender imbalance: a meta-analysis. AIDS Care. 2012;24(12):1487-95.
5. Cheong HT, Ng KT, Ong LY, Chook JB, Chan KG, Takebe Y, Kamarulzaman A, Tee KK. Cross-border sexual transmission of the newly emerging HIV-1 clade CRF51_01B. PLoS One. 2014;9(10):e111236.
6. Lau JT, Cai W, Tsui HY, Chen L, Cheng J, Lin C, Gu J, Hao C. Unprotected anal intercourse behavior and intention among male sex workers in Shenzhen serving cross-boundary male clients coming from Hong Kong, China - prevalence and associated factors. AIDS Care. 2012;24(1):59-70.
7. Clift SM, Forrest SP. Factors associated with gay men's sexual behaviours and risk on holiday. AIDS Care. 1999;11(3):281-95.
8. Darrow WW, Biersteker S, Geiss T, Chevalier K, Clark J, Marrero Y, Mills V, Obiaja K. Risky sexual behaviors associated with recreational drug use among men who have sex with men in an international resort area: challenges and opportunities. Journal of Urban Health. 2005;82(4):601-9.
9. Richens J. Sexually transmitted infections and HIV among travellers: a review. Travel Med Infect Dis. 2006;4(3-4):184-95.
10. Vanden Berghe W, Nostlinger C, Hospers H, Laga M. International mobility, sexual behaviour and HIV-related characteristics of men who have sex with men residing in Belgium. BMC Public Health. 2013;13:968.