Moderate-intensity continuous training (MICT) has long been considered the most effective exercise treatment modality for the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease, but more recently high-intensity interval training (HIIT) has emerged into the clinical env... View more
1. Mallion JM, Chamontin B, Asmar R, et al. Twenty-four-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring efficacy of perindopril/indapamide first-linecombination in hypertensive patients: the REASON study. Am J Hypertens. 2004; 17: 245-5.
2. Myers J, Prakash M, Froelicher V, et al. Exercise capacity and mortality among men referred for exercise testing. N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 793-801.
3. Poirier P, Després JP. Exercise in weight management of obesity. Cardiol Clin. 2001; 19: 459-70.
4. Woodcock J, Franco OH, Orsini N, et al. Non-vigorous physical activity and all-cause mortality: systematic review and meta-analysis of cohort studies. Int J Epidemiol. 2011; 40: 121-38.
5. Yancy CW, Jessup M, Bozkurt B, et al. 2013 ACCF/AHA guideline for the management of heart failure: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: e147-239.
6. Seals DR, Edward F. Adolph Distinguished Lecture: The remarkable anti-aging effects of aerobic exercise on systemic arteries. J Appl Physiol. 2014; 117: 425-39.
7. Bonetti PO, Lerman LO, Lerman A. Endothelial dysfunction: a marker of atherosclerotic risk. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2003; 23: 168-75.
8. WHO (World Health Organization). Global Atlas on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Control. 1st edition. 2012; World Health Organization, Geneva.