Radio frequency identification and time-driven activity based costing:RFID-TDABC application in warehousing
Part of book or chapter of bookEnglishOPEN
Bahr, Witold; Price, Brian J;
Publisher: Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
Purpose: This paper extends the use of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) data for accounting of warehouse costs and services. Time Driven Activity Based Costing (TDABC) methodology is enhanced with the real-time collected RFID data about duration of warehouse activi... View more
• Bahr, W. and M. K. Lim (2009). RFID Adoption Issues in the warehouse. IN: 19th International Conference on Material Handling, Constructions and Logistics. Belgrade, 15-16 October 2009.
• Bahr, W. and M. K. Lim (2010). Maximising the rfid benefits at the tyre distribution centre.
Proceedings of the 12th international MITIP conference the modern information technology in the innovation processes of the industrial enterprises. Centre for Logistics.
• Barrett, R. (2005). Time-driven costing: the bottom line on the new abc. Business Performance Management March, pp. 35-39.
• Bruggeman, W., P. Everaert, S. R. Anderson, and Y. Levant (2005). Modeling logistics costs using time-driven abc: a case in a distribution company. Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
• Cardinaels, E. and E. Labro (2009). Time estimates as cost drivers. CIMA Research Executive Summaries Series 5 (1), 1-6.
• Chen, J. C., C.-H. Cheng, P. B. Huang, K.-J. Wang, C.-J. Huang, and T.-C. Ting (2013).
Warehouse management with lean and rfid application: a case study. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 69 (1-4), 531-542.
• Diaconeasa, A., N. Manea, and S. Oprea (2010). Modelling costs using time driven abc method in logistic activities. Supply Chain Management Journal 1 (1), 88-97.
• Evangelista, P., A. McKinnon, and E. Sweeney (2013). Technology adoption in small and medium-sized logistics providers. Industrial Management & Data Systems 113 (7), 967-989.