In what way do Nepalese cultural factors affect adherence to antiretroviral treatment in Nepal?
Wasti, Sharada Prasad; Randall, Julian; Simkhada, Padam; Van Teijlingen, Edwin;
Subject: soc | psy | ccms | pol | med
Individuals’ self administration of medication is an essential component of disease management because incorrect and incomplete medication can result in increased morbidity, mortality and healthcare costs and also spreads drug resistance. Its impact is necessarily wider... View more
1. Schein EH. Organizational culture and leadership: A dynamic view. San Francisco: Jossey- Bass, 1985.
2. Randall J. Managing change/changing managers. London: Routledge, 2004. 113 p.
3. Alvesson M, Sveningsson S. Changing organizational culture: cultural change work in progress. London: Routledge, 2008.
4. Hofstede G, Hofstede GJ. Culture and organizations software of the mind: intercultural cooperation and its importance for survival. (Revised & expanded 2nd ed.). United States: McGraw-Hill, 2005. 4 - 6 p.
5. Schein EH. What is culture? In Frost PJ et al. (ed.) Reframing organizational culture. Sage publication, 1991. 243 - 253 p.
6. Schein EH. Organizational culture and leadership. (2nd ed.) San Francisco: Jossey- Bass, 1997.
7. Beine D. HIV/AIDS in Nepal: the making of a cultural model. Contributions to Nepalese Studies, 2002; 29 (2): 275 - 310.
8. Weick KE. Sense making in organizations. Sage publication: California, 1995. 16 p.
9. Kreuter MW, McClure SM. The role of culture in health communication. Annual Review Public Health, 2004; 25: 439 - 55.
10. McSweeney B. Hofstede's model of national cultural differences and their consequences. Human Relations, 2002; 55: 89 - 118.