1. Jenkins AP, Thompson H. Enteral nutrition and small intestine. Gut 1994; 35: 1765 9.
2. Kane TD, Alexander JW, Johannigman JA. The detection of microbial DNA in the blood: a sensitive method for diagnosing bacteremia and/or bacterial translocation in surgical patients. Ann Surg 1998; 227: 1 9.
3. Lemaire LCJM, van Lanschot JJP, Stoutenbeele CP, Van Deventer SJH, Wells CL, Gouma DJ. Bacterial translocation in multiple organ failure: cause or epiphenomenon still unproven. Br J Surg 1997; 84: 1340 50. [OpenAIRE]
4. Nejdfors P, Ekelund M, Jeppsson B, Westro¨ m B. Mucosal in vitro permeability in the intestinal tract in pig, rat, and man: species- and region-related differences. Scand J Gastroenterol 2000; 35: 501 7.
5. Ersin S, Tuneyurell P, Esassolak M, Alkanat M, Buke C, Yilmaz M, et al. The prophylactic and therapeutic effects of glutamine- and arginine-enriched diets on radiation-induced enteritis in rat. J Surg Res 2000; 89: 121 5.
6. Char S, Farthiny MJG. Bacteria and gut immunity. Curr Opin Gastroenterol 1994; 10: 659 63.
7. Nettelbladt CG, Katonli M, Bark T, Svenberg T, Mo¨ lllby R, Ljungqvist D. Bulking fibre prevents translocation to mesenteric lymph nodes of an efficiently translocating Escherichia coli strain in rats. Clin Nutr 1998; 17: 185 90.
8. Yu P, Martin CM. Increased gut permeability and bacterial translocation in Pseudomonas pneumoniaeinduced sepses. Crit Care Med 2000; 28: 2573 7.
9. Wenzl HH, Schimpl G, Feierl G, Stein-Wender G. Time course of spontaneous bacterial translocation from gastrointestinal tract and its relationship to intestinal microflora in conventionally reared infant rats. Dig Dis Sci 2000; 46: 1120 6.
10. Zhon JS, Shu Q, Rutherford KJ, Prasad J, Gopal PJ, Gill HS. Acute oral toxicity and bacterial translocation studies on potentially probiotic strains of lactic acid bacteria. Food Chem Toxicol 2000; 38: 153 61.
11. Mao Y, Nobaek S, Behzad K, Adawi D, Stenram U, Molin G, et al. The effects of Lactobacillus strains and oat fiber on methotrexate-induced entercolitis in rats. Gastroenterology 1996; 111: 334 44. [OpenAIRE]
12. Adawi D, Kasravi FB, Molin G, Jeppsson B. Effect of Lactobacillus supplementation with and without arginine on liver damage and bacterial translocation in an acute liver injury model in the rat. Hepatology 1997; 25: 642 7.
13. Mao Y, Nobaek S, Adawi D, Molin G, Jeppsson B. Comparison of the effects of different strains of Lactobacillus in reducing bacterial translocation on methotrexate-induced enterocolitis in rats. Dig Surg 1997; 14: 284 91.
14. Mangiante G, Colucci G, Canepari P, Bassi C, Nicoli N, Casaril A, et al. Lactobacillus plantarum reduces infection of pancreatic necrosis in experimental acute pancreatitis. Dig Surg 2001; 18: 47 50.
15. Mangell P, Nejdfors P, Wang M, Ahrne´ S, Westro¨ m B, Thorlacius H, et al. Lactobacillus plantarum 299v inhibits Escherichia coli-induced intestinal permeability. Dig Dis Sci 2002; 47: 511 6.