The urease of the gastric pathogen Helicobacter pylori shares numerous characteristics with the urease of a bacterium isolated from cat gastric mucosa, Helicobacter felis sp. nov. The native enzymes have similar apparent molecular weights and, when subjected to SDS-PAGE... View more
1. Baskerville A, Newel1 DG. (1988) Naturally occurring chronic gastritis and C. pylori infection in the Rhesus monkey: a potential model €or gastritis in man. Gut 29,465472.
2. Bronsdon MA, Schoenknecht FD (1988) Campylobacter pylori isolated from the stomach of the monkey, Maraca nemestrina. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 26,1725-1728.
3. Casiano-Colon A, Marquis RE. (1988). Role of the arginine deiminase system in protecting oral bacteria and an enzymatic basis for acid tolerance. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 54, 1318- 1324.
4. Clayton CL, Wren BW, Mullany P, Topping A, Tabaqchali S.(1989). Molecular cloning and expression of Campylobacter pylori species-specific antigensin Escherichia coli K- 12.Infection and Immunity 51,623429.
5 . Creno RJ, Wenk RE, Bohlig P.(1970) Automated micromeasurement of urea using urease and the Berthelot reaction. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 54,828-832.
6. Dick E, Lee A, Watson G, O'Rourke J (1989). Use of the mouse for the isolation and investigation of stomach-associated, spiral-helical shaped bacteria from man and other animals. Journal of Medical Microbiology 29,5542.
7. Dunn BE, Campbeli GP, Perez-PerezGI, Blaser MJ. (1990) Purification and characterization of urease from Helicobacter pylori. Journal of Biological Chemistry 265,9464-9469.
8. Eaton KA, Morgan DR, Brooks C, Krakowka S. (1990). Essential role of urease in the pathogenesis of gastritis induced by Helicobacter pylori in gnotobiotic piglets. In: Program for Digestive Disease Week Scientific Sessions ( M a y 13-16, Sun Antonio, Texas, U S A ) .Abstract No. 682.
9. Ferrero RL, Hazel1 SL, Lee A. (1988) The urease enzymes of Campylobacter pylori and a related bacterium. Journal of Medical Microbiology 27, 3 3 4 0 .
10. Fordtran JS, Rector FC, Ewton MF, Soter N, Kinney J. (1965). Permeability characteristics of the human small intestine. Journal of Clinical Investigation 44, 1935-1944.