1. Fish/2003/05 Study on the market for the aquaculture produced sea bass and sea bream species. Final Report to the European Commission, 23 April 2004, DG Fisheries, Department of Marketing & Institute of Aquaculture, 2004.
2. Olafsen JA. Interaction between fish larvae and bacteria in marine aquaculture. Aquaculture 2001;200:223 47.
3. Muroga K, Higashi M Keitoku H. The isolation of intestinal microflora of farmed red sea bream (Acanthopagarus schlegeli) at larval and juvenile stages. Aquaculture 1987;65:79 88. [OpenAIRE]
4. Nicolas J, Robic E, Ansquer D. Bacterial flora associated with a trophic chain consisting in micro-algae, rotifers and turbot larvae: influence of bacteria on larval survival. Aquaculture 1989;83:237 48. [OpenAIRE]
5. Munro PD, Barbour A, Birkbeck TH. Comparison of the gut bacterial-flora of start-feeding larval turbot reared under different conditions. J Appl Bacteriol 1994;77:560 6.
6. Schmidt AS, Bruun MS, Dalsgaard I, Pedersen K, Larsen JL. Occurrence of antimicrobial resistance in fish-pathogenic and environmental bacteria associated with four Danish rainbow trout farms. Appl Environ Microbiol 2000;66:4908 15. [OpenAIRE]
7. Common Position (EC) No. 20/2003 of 17 March 2003 adopted by the Council, acting in accordance with the procedure referred to in Article 251 of the Treaty establishing the European Community, with a view to adopting a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on additives for use in animal nutrition. Official Journal 2003/ C 113 E/01.
8. Subasinghe R. Fish health and quarantine. In: Review of the state of the world aquaculture. FAO Fisheries circular no. 886. Rome, Italy: Food and Agriculture of the United Nations, 1997:45 9.
9. Lunestad BT. Impact of farmed fish on the environment, presentation by representative of Norway. In: Notes of the Workshops on Aquaculture/Environment Interaction: impacts on microbial ecology. Halifax, Nova Scotia: Canadian Aquaculture Society, 1998.
10. Carnevali O, Zamponi MC, Sulpizio R, Rollo A, Nardi M, Orpianesi C, et al. Administration of probiotic strain to improve sea bream wellness during development. Aquaculture International 2004;12:377 86. [OpenAIRE]
11. FAO/WHO. Report on Joint FAO/WHO expert consultation on evaluation of health and nutritional properties of probiotics in food including powder milk with live lactic acid bacteria. FAO/WHO, 2001.
12. Nikoskelainen S, Salminen S, Bylund G, Ouwehand AC. Characterization of the properties of human- and dairyderived probiotic for prevention of infectious diseases in fish. Appl Environ Microbiol 2001;67:2430 5. [OpenAIRE]
13. Irianto A, Austin B. Probiotics in aquaculture. J Fish Dis 2002;25:633 42. [OpenAIRE]
14. Holdeman VL, Cato EP, Moore WEC. Anaerobe laboratory manual, 4th edn. Blacksburg, VA: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1977.
15. Birmeta G, Passoth V, Roos S, Welander M. Identification of bacteria and yeast from in vitro and surface-sterilized field samples of Ensete ventricosum by rDNA analysis. Biotechnol Lett 2004;26:1867 72.