1. APA (2013). Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition (DSM-5TM). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association.
2. Bo¨ lte S. Is autism curable? Dev Med Child Neurol 2014; 56: 927 31.
3. Baird G, Simonoff E, Pickles A, Chandler S, Loucas T, Meldrum D, et al. Prevalence of disorders of the autism spectrum in a population cohort of children in South Thames: the Special Needs and Autism Project (SNAP). Lancet 2006; 368: 210 15. [OpenAIRE]
4. Gillberg C, Cederlund M, Lamberg K, Zeijlon L. Brief report: ''the autism epidemic.'' The registered prevalence of autism in a Swedish urban area. J Autism Dev Disord 2006; 36: 429 35. [OpenAIRE]
5. Kim YS, Leventhal BL, Koh YJ, Fombonne E, Laska E, Lim EC, et al. Prevalence of autism spectrum disorders in a total population sample. Am J Psychiatry 2011; 168: 904 12.
6. Idring S, Lundberg M, Sturm H, Dalman C, Gumpert C, Rai D, et al. Changes in prevalence of autism spectrum disorders in 2001 2011: findings from the Stockholm youth cohort. J Autism Dev Disord 2015; 45: 1766 73.
7. Fombonne E. Epidemiology of pervasive developmental disorders. Pediatr Res 2009; 65: 591 8. doi: http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1203/PDR.0b013e31819e7203 [OpenAIRE]
8. Bohlander AJ, Orlich F, Varley CK. Social skills training for children with autism. Pediatr Clin North Am 2012; 59: 165 74, xii.
9. Koenig K, De Los Reyes A, Cicchetti D, Scahill L, Klin A. Group intervention to promote social skills in school-age children with pervasive developmental disorders: reconsidering efficacy. J Autism Dev Disord 2009; 39: 1163 72.
10. Rao PA, Beidel DC, Murray MJ. Social skills interventions for children with Asperger's syndrome or high-functioning autism: a review and recommendations. J Autism Dev Disord 2008; 38: 353 61.
11. Reichow B, Volkmar FR. Social skills interventions for individuals with autism: evaluation for evidence-based practices within a best evidence synthesis framework. J Autism Dev Disord 2010; 40: 149 66.
12. Mukaddes NM, Herguner S, Tanidir C. Psychiatric disorders in individuals with high-functioning autism and Asperger's disorder: similarities and differences. World J Biol Psychiatry 2010; 11: 964 71. [OpenAIRE]
13. Noterdaeme MA, Wriedt E. Comorbidity in autism spectrum disorders I. Mental retardation and psychiatric comorbidity. Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 2010; 38: 257 66.
14. Howlin P, Moss P. Adults with autism spectrum disorders. Can J Psychiatry 2012; 57: 275 83.
15. Mugno D, Ruta L, D'Arrigo VG, Mazzone L. Impairment of quality of life in parents of children and adolescents with pervasive developmental disorder. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2007; 5: 22.