The effect of bile alcohols on the microbial 7α-dehydroxylation of chenodeoxycholic acid was investigated. Bile alcohols isolated from urine of patients with cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis were added to anaerobic incubations of rat faecal microflora or isolated 'S... View more
Alme B, Bremmelgaard A, Sjovall J, Thomassen P. (1977). Analysis of metabolic profiles of bile acids in urine using a lipophilic ion exchanger and computerized gas-liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry. Journal of Lipid Research 18, 339-362.
Batta, AK, Shefer S, Batta M, Salen G. (1985).
Effect of chenodeoxycholic acid on biliary and urinary bile acids and bile alcohols in cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis; monitoring by high performance liquid chromatography. Journal of Lipid Research 26,690-698.
Bjorkhem I, Fausa 0, Hopen G, Oftebro H, Pedersen JI, Skrede S. (1983). Role of the 26- hydroxylase in the biosynthesis of bile acids in the normal state and in cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis. Journalof Clinical Investigation 71, 142-148.
4. Bjorkhem I, Gustafsson J, Johansson G, Persson B. (1975). Biosynthesis of bile acids in man: Hydroxylation of the C27-steroid side chain. Journal of Clinical Investigation 55,478-486.
5. van Bogaert L, Scherer HJ, Epstein E. (1937). Une forme cerebrale de cholesterinose generalisee. Masson et Cie, Paris.
6. Coleman JP, White WB, Egestad B, Sjovall J, Hylemon PB. (1987). Biosynthesis of a novel bile acid nucleotide and mechanism of 7a-dehydroxylation by an intestinal Eubacterium species. Journal of Biological Chemistry 262,4701-4707.
7. Dayal B, Tint GS, Shefer S, Salen G . (1979). Configurational assignment of SP-cholestane-3a,7a, 12a,23,25-pentol excreted by patients with cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis (a circular dichroism study). Steroids 33,327-338.
8. Dyfverman A, Sjovall J. (1983). Ion-pair extraction of bile acids with Lipidex gel. Analytical Biochemistry 134,303-308.
9. Ellingboe J, Nystrom E, Sjovall J (1970). Liquidgel chromatography on lipophilic-hydrophobic Sephadex derivatives. Journal of Lipid Research 11, 266-273.