The article deals with the grounds for the emergence and development of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (the transformation of the Shanghai Five into the Shanghai Cooperation Organization with the subsequent entry of two more countries into it), the goals of its e... View more
1. Agreement between the Russian Federation, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Tajikistan and the People's Republic of China “On Strengthening Condfience in the Military Region in the Border Area (together with the Main Categories of Information Exchange”) of April 26, 1996, Shanghai, Collection of Russian-Chinese treaties. 1949-1999. Moscow., 1999 (in Russian).
2. Agreement between the Russian Federation, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Tajikistan and the People's Republic of China “On mutual reduction of armed forces in the border area (along with protocols on the geographical scope of the agreement, on the procedure for reduction, on information exchange, on monitoring and verification)”. (2002). Bulletin of international treaties, 6, 21-60 (in Russian).
3. Kolegova, O. Y. (2013). SCO as an instrument of regional integration: expansion problems. Bulletin of MGIMO, 1 (28), 249-253. (in Russian)
4. Charter of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization. InfoSHOS portal Available from: http://infoshos.ru/ en/?id=33/ Accessed on 10.11.2017.
5. Bolyatko, A. V. (2008) Shanghai Cooperation Organization: Towards New Frontiers of Development. Materials of the Round Table. Moscow (in Russian).
6. Liu Huaqin (2009). The idea of creating a free trade area of the SCO: calculations, problems and prospects. Eurasian Economic Integration, 3 (4), 110-116 (in Russian).
7. Denisov, I. E., Safranchuk, I. A. (2016). Four problems of SCO in the light of the question of expanding the organization. Bulletin of MGIMO, 3 (48), 112-122 (in Russian).
8. Putin, V. V. (2013). The SCO should keep open the possibility of expanding the Organization. September 13, 2013. Interfax, Available from: http://www.interfax.ru/world/328767/ Accessed on 10.11.2017 (in Russian).
9. Lavrov, S. V. (2015). The key importance for the SCO is expansion based on the principle of openness. June 3, 2015. TASS. Available from: http://tass.ru/politika/2016914/ Accessed on 10.11.2017 (in Russian). Поступило в редакцию 27 декабря 2017 г.